Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to clean the Quattro fx?
How to clean the Quattro fx?
The designer of this mask ought to have to clean it every day. I have watched every video and read every manual and still can't even begin to take it apart to clean it.
I can't even get the nozzle thingy off the mask. The Quattro air was a design improvement but too leaky.
Can any one who uses Quattro FX help me?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to clean the Quattro fx?
(11-28-2013, 09:05 AM)Lukie Wrote: The designer of this mask ought to have to clean it every day. I have watched every video and read every manual and still can't even begin to take it apart to clean it.
I can't even get the nozzle thingy off the mask. The Quattro air was a design improvement but too leaky.

Yeah, it's a pain, and every time I remove the hose connector I'm sure I'm going to break the mask.

Still, that hasn't happened yet, and I'm not sure you really need to remove it every time you clean the mask. Just take valve out of it and clean that.

The other part that's a problem is the oxygen plug on the mask bottom. I've lost track of how many times I've almost lost that, so I bought a spare.

Other than that, it's still a pain to clean.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to clean the Quattro fx?
(11-28-2013, 10:07 AM)mdh235 Wrote:
(11-28-2013, 09:05 AM)Lukie Wrote: The designer of this mask ought to have to clean it every day. I have watched every video and read every manual and still can't even begin to take it apart to clean it.

Yeah, it's a pain, and every time I remove the hose connector I'm sure I'm going to break the mask.

Still, that hasn't happened yet, and I'm not sure you really need to remove it every time you clean the mask. Just take valve out of it and clean that.

The other part that's a problem is the oxygen plug on the mask bottom. I've lost track of how many times I've almost lost that, so I bought a spare.

Other than that, it's still a pain to clean.

I have the Quattro air but I seem to have less leaking with the fx and my AHI seems better too. I still haven't found the right mask. It's like looking for the right man.
LOL!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you take out the Tube Outlet Connector in the Airsense 11 to clean? dharma2255 7 153 8 hours ago
Last Post: dharma2255
  Quattro FX full face mask? Wayne41 5 395 01-17-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Wayne41
  Airsense 10 Clean And Recondition scowell 5 483 01-14-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,361 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Suggestions on how to clean a Resmed S10 motor? texquad 5 955 09-01-2023, 02:24 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Mirage Quattro Question Jimnyc2000 0 503 07-03-2023, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Jimnyc2000
  Advice on how to clean F20 Airtouch? raptosnorus 4 749 06-30-2023, 08:23 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.