Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to clean your Resmed AutoSet 10 heated hose?
How to clean your Resmed AutoSet 10 heated hose?
Can you immerse the entire heated hose in water even with the special connector? Reading the manual seems to suggest you can?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to clean your Resmed AutoSet 10 heated hose?
Yes, I've been immersing the entire hose for years with no problems. I dunk it in a basin of hot soapy water, slosh it back and forth a few times then drain it. I then run very hot clean water through it to flush out the soap, and hang it up to dry.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just for a little cheap insurance against oxidation of the connector tabs, the electrical ones on the male end of the hose, I would dab at all their visible surfaces with a Q-Tip dipped in isopropyl alcohol.  It is hydroscopic and will absorb all the water, which, as you probably are aware, is an enabler for oxidation if it is the least bit acidic.  Or, purchase a small can of electrical contact cleaner and give them a short blast once every five or eight cleansings after you have finished rinsing them under water and the water has evaporated apparently.

I have even gone to rubbing the visible contacts with a clean, freshly scrubbed (on your jeans), pencil eraser.  This works wonders to restore contacts on cordless phones as well, BTW.  Even the side of a rubber band will do in a pinch.  The rubber will scrub off oils and contaminants and some of the oxidation, much of which is not always visible.

Again, you needn't do this as often as you swish and rinse the hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
I completely immerse my hose, slosh the water around in it, dump the water, repeat and then rinse in hot water. I use an air mattress inflater to blow air through the base to dry it out.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2019, 02:18 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Yes, I've been immersing the entire hose for years with no problems. I dunk it in a basin of hot soapy water, slosh it back and forth a few times then drain it. I then run very hot clean water through it to flush out the soap, and hang it up to dry.

^^^^^^ What he said!  Well-done
Post Reply Post Reply
An easier approach is to not wash it at all. I've never found mold or growth in my hoses after I stopped washing them.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
What's the old saying?

An ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure.  Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Clean up time for my CPAP/ASV equipment involves Dawn dish liquid and very warm water. Soaking about half hour. This does include full immersion of the heated hose. Let all parts air dry for 4 hours or more. My cleaning intervals vary a bit, but roughly it's been between monthly and quarterly-ish.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 402 55 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 109 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 468 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 213 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,240 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.