Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to *completely* deinstall OSCAR on mac
How to *completely* deinstall OSCAR on mac
Hi.
My first post and I'm trying to fix an 'own goal'. :-/

So was trying to install OSCAR on my mac for the first time.

I stupidly missed the selection of my old Sleepyhead data for migration during OSCAR installation.

Now when start or even try to reinstall OSCAR, I don't get asked to select my existing Sleepyhead data folder.
This happens even after I have moved the OSCAR app to the mac trash and rebooted my mac.

I suspect the first installation has left some sort of 'OSCAR is installed' token somewhere. How do I locate and delete this so that I can redo the install from scratch - allowing me to select my Sleepyhead data?

Many thanks

Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to *completely* deinstall OSCAR on mac
Assuming you have not imported any data that you want to keep, the easy solution is to delete the OSCAR_Data folder that OSCAR created on first use. After deleting the folder, start OSCAR, and it will ask you whether to create the folder and then whether you wish to migrate Sleepyhead data.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsdown 
Guy,
Thank you *so much* for your prompt and helpful response. Sorted!  Smile

One additional question if I may...
My original old Sleepyhead data rom 2014 was from my Resmed S9 Escape - so it was just hrs used, pressure etc. No useful data. That imported ok but I realised that's not what I wanted.

I bought a CMS 50D+ pulse oximeter back in 2015 and used that successfully with Sleepyhead until Sleephead's demise (in 2018?)
I tried to import the newer 2015-18 data but got an error saying that the data was invalid and wasn't either OSCAR of Sleepyhead compatible. It was created originally via import by Sleepyhead so I know it was fine then. Are there known issues with this or could it be just that the directory structure is a bit different (I could sort that). The file sizes are much larger i.e. original CPAP only data was < 300bytes/day whereas the pulse oximeter (overnight) data was ~47kbytes/day.

Thanks and best regards

Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
Was your oximetry data in your Sleepyhead files? If so, it should have been preserved when you migrated Sleepyhead data into OSCAR.

What form was the "newer 2015-18 data" in? If Sleepyhead imported the data, OSCAR should be able to do so also.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Guy - thanks again.

Yes, my oximetry data was originally imported to Sleepyhead.

The filename style looks the same. The only obvious differences are the file sizes and an extra directory folder immediately below my Sleepyhead main directory. I figured OSCAR would just search for data file types within a profile.

I'll try importing from one dir level below my main Sleepyhead dir.

Regards

Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you saying that when you migrated Sleepyhead data that the oximetry data did not get migrated? It should have been.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Guy.
Yes, my oximetry data was apparently 'not a valid format'.

I'll try again later today by selecting the directory immediately above my profiles directory - tho' I suspect that won't make any difference.

Thanks

Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Guy.
Success!

I had multiple profiles in my data folder (for test and x2 family member trials). I deleted those and it worked first time.

I've got new batteries for my oximeter so am looking forward to first attempted import to OSCAR in next couple of days.

Thanks again for your help.

Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Guy.
So I've got my oximeter import working - sort of...

I'm using the same Contec CMS 50D+ oximeter (running V4.6) which I used successfully for 3+ years with Sleepyhead. The oximeter runs all night (I typically sleep between 7-9hrs) and seems to be recording just fine. 

However, when I import, it seems to happen *really* quickly (compared to how long it took on Sleepyhead) and when I display the data, I'm only seeing the first 25mins or so of data.

If I scroll back to some of my earlier Sleepyhead data from e.g. 2015-2018, I can see typically 7hrs worth of daily data. So the Sleepyhead > Oscar data import seems to have fine and the system seems perfectly capable of displaying a full night's sleep data.

So the basic functions all seem ok but the data import or display appears to be truncated by >90%.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks and best regards

Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
I recommend trying to import using the Contec's SpO2 Assistant, and then import the SpO2 data files into OSCAR. Does that get you the full day?
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.