Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to confirm ResMed A10 AutoSet is new
How to confirm ResMed A10 AutoSet is new
I am going to pick up my new ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet on Monday.  I as yet have no relationship with my newly assigned DME.  I want to start off on the right foot but want to ensure I’m getting a new machine.

Without questioning the DME other than a polite asking, should there for some reason to doubt, if unit is new - anything I can easily do from front panel control while looking like I’m getting to know the machine in order to check total machine time?

Just want to be prudent.

Have Sleephead and 5.8 ResScan loaded on my computer and with your help hope to start my therapy on right foot.  Will try to post my results here to get some help establishing best starting parameters/settings.

I do know that the most difficult aspect will be getting a good fit on mask.  Starting off on right foot with DME will make this critical aspect a lot easier.

Thank you in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to confirm ResMed A@0 AutoSet is new
To see the run hours on the new machine

Plug in press the home button and the silver knob center together for 5-7 seconds will get you into the clinical menu.

Select settings.
Scroll all the way down until you reach About
select with a press of the control knob

Should display run hours as zero for a never used machine.

Make sure you get a SD card from the DME as well
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got mine yesterday and wondered the same thing.

The units come in a travel bag. Oddly, all of the individual components are wrapped in plastic EXCEPT the unit itself. This made me wonder the same thing you were wondering about, but the provider insisted that this is just how they come. I called Resmed and their agent insisted that everything, including the unit is wrapped in plastic, and that if mine wasn't, I should take it back. I then watched an unboxing video on Youtube and the unit that they unboxed came exactly like mine, suggesting that the DME guy was right and the Resmed people didn't know what they were talking about.

Ultimately, I think the best way to be as sure as you can is to enter clinician mode by holding the Home Button and the Wheel for three seconds. In the settings section, there is a counter that shows the number of hours the unit has been run. If it is at zero, then the unit is new. That counter cannot be reset from the UI, but it wouldn't surprise me if there's software that will reset it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Depending on the unit, you may not need to go into clinical settings to get ABOUT.

I would start off going to SETTINGS and scroll to the bottom and see if it says ABOUT. If it does, then click on that - and it will say RUN HOURS with a number.

If that doesn't work, then you press the large button and the home button at the same time for 5-8 seconds. Then you are in the clinical menu. Do the same thing. Go to settings and then scroll all the way down until you find ABOUT. Click on that and it will say RUN HOURS.

The other hours that the DME will tell you about are the last 30 days of patient use hours. Those are interesting, but not what YOU are looking for.

Some machines will arrived packaged in plastic and some will not. There is at least one person I spoke with whose machine arrived with all the packaging, but it still had 200 hours of use, which tells you it's been used.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great and thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
The DME tried to send me home with used equipment. This happened last week (see thread from then). Luckily, this board had prepared me.

Use the directions above and:
Are they unpacking it right in front of you?
Is there a speck of dirt, scuff mark, or shop-worn look to the unit? Faded?
Have the buttons been handled?
Is there a Resmed sticker on the top that reminds you to sign up for myAir?
If you look at the power plug wires, are there kinks in them as though they’ve just been unpackaged?
Is there any sign of grubbiness in the cracks on the power cord? Dust?
Have the prongs on the power cord been bent slightly to fit into a tight receptacle?
Is the bottom of the machine pristine?
Are they opening all the packages in front of you....masks, hoses?
Are they making you sign for something you didn’t get?

I never for a moment anticipated my DME would try to rip me off, but they did, and followed up with lies so I’d take the used equipment.

Very IMPORTANT. Don’t confuse the user hours with the hours that the machine has been used. My DME had zeroed out the user hours (the ones that pertained to the previous user), but they can’t change the hours the machine has been used (like you can’t change a car’s speedometer).

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 415 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 110 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 472 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 216 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,240 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 594 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Resmed 11 autoset For Her mode help! HMG7450 10 680 11-15-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.