Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to contribute to SleepyHead
Question 
Hi there,

First of all: I'm from good ol' germany - so please forgive me if my english is not the best.

SleepyHead is pure awesome - really thanks for that!

I really want to contribute to SleepyHead. Tried contacting Jedimark over at his site (now defunct), via e-mail, tried it here via pm (he doesn't accept pm) ... so this is kind of a last resort thingy.

I have a Weinmann SomnoBalance. Jedimark started with a very rudimental loader. So I took that as a starting point and built from there ...

Due to some personal reasons (if I'm honest: plain disk-space limitations on my machine) I had to port SleepyHead to QT 5.7. After I did that, I read about Jedimark not really wanting to do that or sth. like that. (There was a link to a blogpost on his site - but at the time is was no longer working) .. anyway the harm is now done.

The Weinmann-Loader is still in early stages - although 95% complete for my machine. If I find the time, I hope I can make a test-build this week to test the other Weinmann machines. (and decode their event-reports if I get enough sample-data.) I will put my source up than as well ... currently it's just a debug mess with seemingly random mumbling in denglish (that's what we germans call a mixture of german and english) - I really need to clean that up first!

Now for my question: is there a "proper" way to contribute? or to reach Jedimark or at least someone involved in SleepyHead?

I'm not the vc++ geek, I know (no that's no longer correct!) I knew nothing about QT and my math skills seem to suck when it comes to signal processing. .. but anyway it was a hell of a learning curve and I came this far^^

I'm stuck at Waveform-Processing for the Flowrate. Weinmann only saves the total flowrate - including everything and total leakage - and I really can't wrap my head around how to really, proper extract the resp. Flow and the leak-flow. I looked at the calcs-files (I suppose thats the built-in waveform-processor) ... but I'm just too stupid to make sth. out of it.

Analyzing each single breath - normalizing the total flowrate by the average (amount of inhale = exhale) ... or finding the sweetspot between the two where the resp. flow should be 0, than use a filter on that and finally extracting that breath from the total flowrate looks like overkill to me. Extracting the leakflow from whatever remains is than trivial.
Maybe it's the only way to do that - but just from the sound of it I would say "You're doing it wrong!"

If someone knows his way around signal-processing any help would be highly appreciated.

So if by any chance Jedimark or someone involved with SleepyHead reads this: Please send me a private message here (or better post here).
I really would like to contribute and not do a complete fork. (currently it feels like I might be doing that - sometimes I get the feeling I'm raping the code Huh )

I have like a ton of other questions as well!
(things like: is there a real reason why there are only Hypopneas and no destinction in central / clear airway and obstructive ones and so on^^)

If I'm totally in the wrong place than please point me in the right direction.

thanks in advance for any help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pretty sure Mark looks at their Facebook page moreso than any other public site. You can see it here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sleepyheadcpap/

But keep in mind, Mark has health issues that do prevent him from working on SleepyHead continuously. But go post something there on his Facebook page and he will probably read it sooner or later. Might just have to wait several days.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
thanks very much for your answer.
I did not know about Jedimarks health issues and which him the best.

... facebook is not really an option as I don't have an account there and it should stay that way. ... well maybe I get desperate enough if I'm done.
Post Reply Post Reply

The SleepyHead download page has a donation button that donates money to the account of jedimark64@gmail.com. Just click on the link and go to the bottom of the page.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much - I will give that a try as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I made a donation which was acknowledged by PayPal, but never the recipient. So I might be a little more cautious if I decide on further donations.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Status of SleepyHead development, how to report/contribute strix 4 942 12-24-2015, 02:17 PM
Last Post: strix