Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to contribute to SleepyHead development?
How to contribute to SleepyHead development?
I cloned sleepyhead from gitlab and made some QT interface updates to get it to compile under QT 5.8 on Fedora 26 linux.  I put in a membership request on gitlab, but it looks like jedimark hasn't been active on this board for over a year.  Is there any way to submit a changeset?

(I just noticed that someone else submitted a similar changeset to address this issue 7 months ago and it's still pending on gitlab.)

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: How to contribute to SleepyHead development?
I gave up ... http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...SleepyHead

If you find a way (which does not involve Facebook) please let me know too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Idea 
It's unfortunate that jedimark is unable to respond and I hope that he is OK. He is a selfless visionary and we did took his work for granted or a minimal one-time donation.
I am using sleepyhead for years on OSX and never had an issue.
I think the future existence and development of the sleepyhead should be forked.
Maybe, in order to maintain long term viability a type of subscription model, that is now the accepted norm for software development sustenance.

So my suggestion is to fork the development in a new github.

PS.
Another suggestion is to create more awareness for this very empowering tool, and get a larger userbase.

PSS. maybe one of the mods or admins have a more direct contact to Mark. If he is in need we can maybe get a GoFundMe or similar thing going for him if he is in trouble, and send him some real mailed greeting card that will express and acknowledge the continuing good impact he made in our lives.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mark is currently working on an update to include the Philips Dreamstation Auto SV Advanced. His first obstacle has been to update the Qt code for the entire program. I have not heard details of his progress since he started the project last week. I did offer that we have members here that may be able to help do some of the heavy lifting, and fizassist seems to be one of those who knows his way around Git. I don't, so am on the sidelines cheering. I do have a direct line to Mark and have been feeding data and reports.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Sleeprider, thank you for update.
I am honestly very happy that Mark is OK (inference I made from the fact that he is doing even more further work on the software).
Fizzassist giving a hand and getting involved is also great because it will allow Mark to unload some tasks, specially when checking compatibility to a new development environment version. More knowledgeable eyes on code will ease the task.
I am also inferring that Mark is a very private person (by choice or by circumstance).
Though I am unable to participate in coding (I am fairly inept in QT and OpenGL coding), I have a very good understanding on translational research and medical communication and research promotion (I am doing my 2nd PhD in a biomedical field now 3rd year and I am to go guy for PI's needing a better exposure to their research.
I did bring awareness to the respiratory departments at Faculty of Medicine here at McGill in Montreal, but because the head of departments are in their cushy ivory tower arrogant positions, they do not really grasp the help and advantages of empowering the patients with proer tools . (I assume it's also fear that it will diminish their roles as providers of life changing treatment options).

My point is that Sleepyhead should be promoted to larger groups of people and brought to attention to policy makers and even insurance companies, as a way of actually decreasing cost of respiratory healthcare and public health benefits.

Writing papers, doing medical statistics studies, and professional medical presentations, that's where I can help. Which in turn can help Mark. And all of us in the end.

PS
TBMx from Germany may want maybe to rejoin. I think because Germany (as most European countries) have a better understanding and policies of understanding the advantage of open source implementations and direct benefit to developers/individuals/public than to corporations, his inclusion may be desirable.

best cordial regards
Post Reply Post Reply
Nevertheless, as I mentioned in my first posting on the thread, I think that Mark would be happy to receive some tangible greetings, beyond the indisputable fact that he is awesome and that we fail to mention it as often as it deserves.
Thanksgiving is tomorrow in US (in Canada was last month), so here it goes:
" I am thankful that Mark is OK and he had the guts and strength to develop Sleepyhead, that helped me understand my condition better and relieve some of the stress and anxieties that come with it"
Post Reply Post Reply
SHa_clap2
(11-22-2017, 09:26 AM)OviBerger Wrote: Nevertheless, as I mentioned in my first posting on the thread, I think that Mark would be happy to receive some tangible greetings, beyond the indisputable fact that he is awesome and that we fail to mention it as often as it deserves.
Thanksgiving is tomorrow in US (in Canada was last month), so here it goes:
" I am thankful that Mark is OK and he had the guts and strength to develop Sleepyhead, that helped me understand my condition better and relieve some of the stress and anxieties that come with it"
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(11-22-2017, 08:14 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: His first obstacle has been to update the Qt code for the entire program.

That is one thing he does not need to bother with. Ports to currently QT 5.9.2 including WebEngine/Chromium are done already.
Post Reply Post Reply
We have a Sleepyhead Testing Forum at Apneaboard, and mark is the (absentee) moderator. I have been trying to get him to reengage there. Anyone who wishes to join the Testing Forum should send a PM to SuperSleeper and ask to join. Those with programming expertise that can contribute to the development and updating of Sleepyhead are more than welcome. If we can get some good conversations going there, I thing we might bet Mark to participate and hopefully delegate. The work that has been done by members to translate to multiple languages, and proof the over versions is very impressive. A collaborative effort is really the only way this program will survive.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
TBMx,
is your development fork available on gitHub ? Maybe it would incite Mark to take a look, and get some cosmic energy recharge (as he wittingly mentions on his webpage).
Sleeprider, excellent, I did message SuperSleeper and yes, a collaborative approach is the way to go.
We just need either Mark to allow other people into the original GitHub project. Or maybe he wants to keep that separate and start a separate fork? Or join TBMx fork (in case he made it on a different collaborative software platform than GitHub)?
I think that having more administrators will just make the project more resilient and unload him from a lot of necessary administrative communications, or more mundane tasks that can be filled and submanaged by other developers.
Maybe you can ask Mark how he prefers the management of the project ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleepyhead Development? golub 3 1,224 04-10-2018, 11:14 AM
Last Post: upsman
  [Admin Note] Sleep data needed for Sleep Master development! Jack_Russell_Fan 21 4,282 11-30-2017, 04:54 AM
Last Post: sammiller
Question How to contribute to SleepyHead TBMx 5 961 01-13-2017, 05:45 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Data needed PRS1 All Models SleepyHead Development Sleeprider 6 1,563 02-29-2016, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Status of SleepyHead development, how to report/contribute strix 4 1,777 12-24-2015, 02:17 PM
Last Post: strix

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.