Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to convert pdf to word?
I'm writting my paper and need to extract some paragraph out of pdf materials, but the pdf can not be copied, so I need to tranfer them to word so that I can use them freely. Any idea to do that? Do I have to use a software or any tools?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2012, 08:42 AM)Alanw12 Wrote: I'm writting my paper and need to extract some paragraph out of pdf materials, but the pdf can not be copied, so I need to tranfer them to word so that I can use them freely. Any idea to do that? Do I have to use a software or any tools?

Hi Alan,

On PDFs, there's two basic kinds - those based on text and those based on scanned image files.

On PDFs that have been created using scanned image files, there is no way to extract the text directly from the PDF, because it's an image file. The only thing you can do with those is re-type them or print it out and scan it using Optical Character Recognition software to re-create the text (not simple, nor error-free).

On other PDFs that have not been created using an image scan, you can simply copy/paste the text into another document - however when you do that, you lose all formatting and are able to extract the text only.

Is your paper related to Sleep Apnea?

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Moved this thread to the Off-Topic forum.

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Nitro software has an app and a (free) web site that allows you to upload a pdf and it returns an editable word doc.
I don't think I can post the link here because even though the site is free, they definitely do sell product as well.

I do think I'm within the rules to say that if you Google "convert pdf word" it is the first result.
Post Reply Post Reply
Feel free to PM the OP the link.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Adobe reader will not allow you to copy text from a .pdf but acrobat will. BTW it also has built in OCR to help with converting scanned text as well
Post Reply Post Reply

(05-20-2012, 09:17 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Feel free to PM the OP the link.

LOL, that would have been altogether too easy, now wouldn't it. Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Ohmy Why are people starting sentences with the word "So..."? SuperSleeper 74 8,021 03-28-2017, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  PDF to Word Converter me50 8 1,314 07-14-2015, 04:43 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Which version of M$ Word? PaulaO2 18 2,692 12-21-2014, 09:13 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [How to] Convert Volts to Amps me50 18 2,489 10-30-2014, 02:53 AM
Last Post: me50