Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to deal with Apria-they are not providing my sister with her CPAP
RE: How to deal with Apria-they are not providing my sister with her CPAP
I have had mixed results with Crapria. My major problem with them was that their respiratory therapists were virtually impossible to get hold of. I never could get through directly to one (they were reportedly all not reachable every time). I left messages and almost never got a return call. That was all before I found THIS OUTSTANDING FORUM. I no longer have much need to speak to one of their RTs.

I have never been asked for a credit card but that may be due to my insurance company. I dunno.

They did end up getting my new (it did have 1,000 hours on it) Resmed S9 VPAP Auto for me before I got to 5 years on my old one. I am sure that it was fueled by greed on their part but it worked well for me so I am not complaining.

I did have a problem getting the heated hose. I had not requested it up front and when I picked the new unit up, I told the receptionist that I got it from that I needed a heated hose. She said that it required a prescription and gave me the fax number for my doctor to fax it. Several weeks after my doctor said he faxed the scrip, I had not heard anything so I called Crapria up. They had not received the scrip and the fax number was wrong.

I didn't want to bother my doctor again about this and found that they were not that expensive online. I bought the heated hose without a prescription.

I guess it was a good thing that I was not in a hurry.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
PaytonA, just curious. How long ago did you first use crapria? Supposedly, the credit card rule came into play in 2013 from what the manager of the local crapria told me. of course, who knows if that is truthful or not....it is just what I was told
Post Reply Post Reply
To everyone with issues at Apria please know I am not endorsing them. I have heard very many bad stories. But much of this is based on the local offices based on what my local office says. For me my choices were them or mail order. They are really close, and believe me when I say they know I will drive over there if I need to. But truly they have been very nice to me.

Now the last time I mentioned this quite a few people took issue with it, but I really feel in this day and age it is worthy to say again despite any flack I will get. A lot of companies are asking for CC#'s and shouldn't get them, but sometimes you aren't able to get around it. My wife devised a very easy working system that has served us for 12+ years now. Go to the store, and buy a $25 Visa MC GIFT CARD I say again GIFT CARD, not a sign up refillable or monthly charge card or anything else, just a NO FEE after purchase GIFT CARD. Spend all but the last $2-$3 on it and then give it to anyone that demands a card. No fight, no argument, and they can't charge you anything more than that $2 left on the card. Remember, only a GIFT CARD, do not sign up enter your info on line or anything else, just buy it and that's that, it is good anywhere they take V/MC. I usually get a $25 and then get $20 in gas and leave $5 on it. They can preauth it all they want for $1 like they try and that's that no more arguing with idiots.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
My biggest problems with crapria was their billing department and my insurance company was having to deal with them because they were billing for masks and other supplies that I had not received. The billing office is not a local office. I am glad that you have not had the issues that others have; that is not the norm for crapria. I am just glad not to have to deal with them anymore. my current DME makes mistakes and more than they should but they are never billing mistakes and most of them are just annoying at best. the credit card issue was small compared to what crapria did and continues to do in my area. At any rate, each of us have a different tolerance level too depending on what other crapola we have to face daily. best advice I can offer is that if crapria is more than you are willing to deal with, go elsewhere or go to the top dog and get something done. messing around with not giving a patient a machine timely is messing around with their life and their health. BUT, do it diplomatically and then if you have to push, push. If you bring the big guns out first before allowing any company to fix the problem, you will probably get put on the back burner more often than not just because they can do it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2014, 05:12 PM)me50 Wrote: PaytonA, just curious. How long ago did you first use crapria? Supposedly, the credit card rule came into play in 2013 from what the manager of the local crapria told me. of course, who knows if that is truthful or not....it is just what I was told

The first time I dealt with them was in 2010 and I have dealt with them off and on since then. I just got a new machine from them about 2 months ago.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Update on Thursday Sep 25th - My sister is showing the classic symptoms of NOT having a CPAP to use; that is, she has not yet called Apria, the DME. Each day she has said she will call the DME but has been too tired and scattered to do so.

SO: I am sending her "the brick" on Friday with a VERY thoroughly cleaned mask, hose and new filters. Hopefully, after a few days with "the brick" she will be feeling alert enough to call the DME.

A few years ago she used our father's CPAP for one night as she was curious at just how "confining" it was (according to our father) and she felt SO good the next day. I know she will have NO problem with "the brick" until she gets her own CPAP.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
If she was my sister I would have gone and picked her up and dragged her to the DME. If I couldn't do that based on distance I would have called the DME myself and yelled at them until they cooperated. But that's just me.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2014, 10:09 PM)Galactus Wrote: If she was my sister I would have gone and picked her up and dragged her to the DME. If I couldn't do that based on distance I would have called the DME myself and yelled at them until they cooperated. But that's just me.

Oh don't think I have not been tempted, SO tempted! Unfortunately, time, distance and my own sleep apnea (thankfully starting to recover!) prevents my doing that.

I just packed up the CPAP and it will be sent out Friday AM via USPS Priority.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree Galactus. I would call and ask why that machine is not ready for her to pick up. Maybe they don't have a script? If they don't, then make a call to the doctor's office and get it faxed over.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 860 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Apria switched CPAP Elton525 10 528 01-22-2024, 02:32 PM
Last Post: punkrockcholo
  Apria Healthcare 2PAPs 10 2,284 09-19-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: enigmatic
  [Treatment] How to deal with Anxiety related to Ahrrythmia/Palps and CONTINUE THERAPY ewriter 2 604 02-05-2023, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Apria and Aetna. Rip Off? parkerdt 13 3,414 03-30-2022, 06:12 PM
Last Post: hegel
  Does anyone know how to read an Apria sales agreement? cathyf 1 1,091 03-20-2022, 03:09 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Information [News] Apria admits fraudulent billing practices [in $40 million NY settlement] ApneaNews 3 1,365 01-31-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: JohnReam

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.