Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to delete data from Sleepy Head
How to delete data from Sleepy Head
As my machine is faulty, I was given a loan machine while mine is off for repairs.
Although the tech assured me the SD card was clean, this morning's download dumped months of data from other users.... so not happy !!

Every use by this loan machine now shows in my stats !

Can I clean up my sleephead?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to delete data from Sleepy Head
Go to Data->Advanced->Purge(All or Selected Day).
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since you're using SleepyHead, I assume the machine is System One machine
Here is the setup instruction and how to get the clinical manual for your machine
http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions

You can erase the data on the machine except machine hours
Post Reply Post Reply
If I use the purge selected day, (and I would need to do each individual day) will it purge that data for that date, ....or will it purge data downloaded today?
Sorry to sound obtuse, but I want to keep my own stuff.
Post Reply Post Reply
The purge data option is effective for the day selected. Once you do this, the unwanted data will re-appear unless you format the SD card to delete all data, or you can prevent Sleepyhead from importing data before a date, by opening Sleepyhead, got to File/Preferences, and set a date and check the box: Do not import Sessions before xx/xx/xxxx.

You must either clean up that card (recommended), or prevent Sleepyhead from importing the unwanted older sessions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cleaning the card won't be the end of it. The data is still resident in the machine's memory and will write to the clean card the next time you put it in the machine. It sound like setting the cutoff date will be the answer.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just tested SleepyHead by setting the "do not import data before date" to a couple of days ago. Closing the program and restarting it, I was no longer able to view any of the older sessions. Evidently that option applies to the data already loaded into SH. I reset it back to the original value, closed & reopened and all my sessions were visible once more.
I'm left wondering if setting the date cutoff actually prevents the older data from being imported from the card or merely hiding it after it's imported.. Trying to ditch the alien files by the date cutoff method will hide your own files also. Disappointing, what?

Do you have any backup images of a time when SH didn't have those files present? There are some possibilities if you do. You could restore the old SH files from the backup and most certainly get rid of the interlopers. Then perhaps clear the S9's memory and be good to go.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
I did further testing and find that SH does respect the date cutoff when importing from the SD card so that will be your way to keep the interlopers out of SH. You will need to purge them individually or else restore a previous image to clean them off your drive. Then set the import date so they aren't able to get back on.

Then when you get your own machine back, just uncheck the cutoff date option and you'll be back in business and able to see all of your older files again.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW, We can only wonder why the DME didn't delete the previous users files from the machine. It's very easy to do by entering the clinician mode and choosing the "delete all data" selection therein. Perhaps they thought it only took a new or formatted SD card to dump it. That doesn't speak well for their understanding of how the equipment works.

If it were me, I'd do that deletion on the loaner machine and then purge the data in SH and never look back. Problem solved.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same problem on my loaner machine too, so I'll follow the above info and see if I can delete the data.
thanks
Peter
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 75 11 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question Possible to delete a night of data & should I Plmnb 1 132 03-10-2024, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  How to delete CPAP data in OSCAR before sleep and after waking? Apnealicious 30 4,496 09-29-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,023 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.