Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WELLUE 02 Ring - data suddenly missing
RE: WELLUE 02 Ring - data suddenly missing
Based on this and several other apps of theirs, I'm beginning to believe that they don't use the same coder twice for an app.  It's like they keep reinventing the wheel.

I forgot to mention that I have locked down any upgrades to the apps that I use. If they work, why bother to upgrade.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2022, 03:40 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Based on this and several other apps of theirs, I'm beginning to believe that they don't use the same coder twice for an app.  

No argument with that one!  It's not like the new devs could have gone back to see what was in the previous version or anything!  Unsure  Big Grin
Not to mention locking it in with sandbox when ~/Documents would be much easier from a user perspective.
I even tried symlinking it to a new location and the app refused to work.  So it's done purposefully by the devs and the sandbox settings.

Now that you mention it, I got an update notice from the App Store last night for O2 Insight Pro to upgrade it to 1.8.0
But I never auto-update anything, so I am still running 1.7.0

I will keep that in mind when I update and copy the *.db to the new location, before importing, and see if that works.

Now if there were an easier way to import a few odd SleepU SpO2 files into the original db...........

@SleepyTimeTime, that was a good catch!  Thanks for posting that....
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You Mac guys have all the fun!  Cool
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2022, 03:05 PM)SleepyTimeTime Wrote: I discovered this earlier today, too, and I started panicking! Don't worry, your original data files are still there.

Here's what I found. Note that I use a Macintosh, so the following paths are for the Mac; if you are on a PC, your data will be in a different location.

Previous folder (my data dates are 21 Aug 2020 to 05 Jan 2022)

/Users/[user_name]/Library/Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro

New folder (folder created 08 Jan 2022 with data files 05 Jan 2022 - 07 Jan 2022)
/Users/[user_name] /Library/Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE/Data/Library/Application Support/O2 Insight Pro

The O2_Insight_Pro.app application file on the Mac has a Modified Date of Jan 7, 2022 at 10:45 47AM. It looks like the app did an automatic update on my Mac and, when I launched it this morning, created the new data folder and started writing the data there. So the O2 Insight Pro app is no longer showing the data from the old data folder.

Note that the data folder no longer uses underscore characters but now uses space characters. See red file names in the paths above.

I found that two data files that were previously written to the old folder and were also written to the new folder today:
1. 20220105001341
2. 20220105231229

It is a major annoyance that the developer did this and did not notify their users in advance.

I wrote to Wellue this morning and asked them if they made this change.

I suspect the fix will be to simply move (or copy) the earlier data folders and files from the old location to the new location. I will post Wellue's answer when I get it.
Yep. Nice find, by the way. Thanks
[Image: 8vTGmkL.png]

So, I went a step further and took your hint and copied and replaced the new files with the old and then reconnected the ring and voila...we are back in business...

[Image: gCmyJM2.png]

NOW, the question is WHY & HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?
Post Reply Post Reply
This is something that I have found while futzing about. Even if the file link is in the database, if it's not in the folder that it expects to use, then it has a hissy fit and won't show it. Very annoying.

I have the problem that most of my earlier data was on the previous version of their software and used a different format/database structure. Viatom did in the end provide me with a tool to convert the old to the new format, but that just means I now have two folders, and two databases. Ultimately though, I only really use the software to get my data downloaded anyway, so as long as the files import into OSCAR, I'm happy.

Though it would be super nice if OSCAR could list how much time is spent <90% too. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2022, 04:43 AM)Ratchick Wrote: Though it would be super nice if OSCAR could list how much time is spent <90% too. Wink

Ditto about OSCAR.  And the ability to set a line at 90% on the SpO2 graph in OSCAR.

Hey thanks for this thread, my MacBook also auto-updated and I was upset that everything was gone.  I started using my O2Ring a couple weeks before my heart attack, and even put it on when on my way to the hospital, and for all my Cardio Rehab sessions after.  Hundreds of sessions over these last months:  To lose that stuff was scary.  Glad to know I may be able to retrieve it.  I only need InsightPro for the PDF doctor reports, as the iOS version is front page only, but I like that the iOS version saves the binary files easily for OSCAR to open.  

Long ago I’d turned off auto update on my iOS app store.  The ViHealth app is way out of date now but keeps working the way I want it to (except for the PDF).  

- SleepyCPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
In the SpO2 graph, there is a "SpO2 Lower Threshold" option in the "Dotted Lines" section. Whether it does anything is another question.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2022, 09:43 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: In the SpO2 graph, there is a "SpO2 Lower Threshold" option in the "Dotted Lines" section.  Whether it does anything is another question.

Yes, I am using that, thanks.  I’ve also tried to reset the preferences (in the Oximetry tab) from 88% to 90% but it keeps resetting to 88% as default.
Post Reply Post Reply
Go into File, preferences, click on the waveform tab. Scroll down until you see Oximetry Waveform section, and then in SpO2 %, change the lower threshold figure in there from 88 to 90. Then you can go select the lower threshold line on the chart, and it will stay at that value even after restarting the app even though it wouldn't change it from the Oximetry tab - and the changed value will be visible on the oximetry tab once you save it.

That's how I set the 90% line. I'm guessing it's related to why I can't set the SpO2 on the Events tab to stay as being span, instead of flag.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 69 3 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 76 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 8 641 03-09-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  OSCAR Export CSV Empty? Only Headers? Wellue/ViHealth PhadeL 0 188 03-05-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: PhadeL
  Caution: Wellue O2 Ring - Time Sync hybernate 9 1,293 03-04-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 320 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 286 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.