Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to display CSR Events in SH
How to display CSR Events in SH
SleepyHead shows my CSR Events, but my husband's SleepyHead does not have a row for CSR Events.

Does this mean that he never has a CSR Event, or is there something that we need to do to add that row to his software?

In preferences, he has CSR checked to be flagged, but it doesn't show up in the Flags menu at the bottom of the Daily screen.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to display CSR Events in SleepyHead
Look in the lower left of the Daily Graphs for a drop-down menu and make sure the CSR listing is checked. If it is, then this means he hasn't experienced any CSR events. It will only show up in the Events when a CSR event is triggered by the user.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the quick reply.  His drop down menu at the bottom of the Daily screen does not include CSR.  It shows LL, CA, UA, OA, H, and RE.  Is there something that we need to do to have CSR appear in this drop down menu, or does this mean that he never has a CSR event?
Post Reply Post Reply
assuming you're using the airsense 10 autoset and the csr box under preferences/events is checked in sh, then periodic breathing should be recorded if it occurs.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2018, 03:43 PM)UncollapseMeThroat Wrote: Thanks for the quick reply.  His drop down menu at the bottom of the Daily screen does not include CSR.  It shows LL, CA, UA, OA, H, and RE.  Is there something that we need to do to have CSR appear in this drop down menu, or does this mean that he never has a CSR event?

I looked at your profile an saw Resmed.  Is that the brand he has?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, both my husband and I have the Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look in File -> Preferences -> Events tab and see if the second one listed under Events, *Cheyne Stokes Respiration", is checked. If it is checked, then it will only be displayed if a CSR event occurs.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
That box has been checked; so, apparently my husband has never had a CSR event ... unlike myself. Smile Thanks very much for the replies, much appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
I just want to add that CSR is a type of periodic breathing, and it is closely associated with congestive heart failure. Most breathing flagged as CSR is in fact periodic with an increasing and decreasing respirator flow volume repeating over several minutes. CSR will normally be a very rhythmic increase and decrease with a central apnea at the lowest point. It is uncommon to have periodic breathing, but generally not serious, and may just be from a bit too much EPR. CSR is serious and as I said, unusual in healthy individuals.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 352 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,399 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 269 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 178 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 269 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 773 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.