Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to drag OSCAR screenshots into posts successfully
How to drag OSCAR screenshots into posts successfully
I understand that OSCAR supports dragging and dropping screenshots straight into posts so that they display instantly, without the need for uploading to an image host like Imgur and posting a link.

I tried this and the image seem to fill the post OK - but a little to successfully as I couldn't find any way to scroll up or down, to write text above or below the image or get to the "Post Thread" button.

How do I solve this, please?
Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP ay 8 cm. fixed pressure.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to drag OSCAR screenshots into posts succeasfully
The directions for inserting screenshots can be found in the wiki here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

As far as I know drag and drop will not work with the forum software, but I could be wrong....
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used adding images from Imgur. I still do for off-topic stuff. As far as OSCAR, I use the New Attachment area directly below where you type these posts.

You need to have a saved screenshot. To add OSCAR into your post, see the Choose File button as your starting point. Choose File clicked and a window pops out to navigate to where your screenshot is saved. Click on the correct file. Then click Add Attachment to make it available. Note sizing of attachment files need to be within acceptable range, under 700 kilobytes in size. Next you have to insert it into your post via the Insert Into Post button. The place you have your cursor is where it will show with the code [attachment=A unique generated attachment number here] as an example. You should use Preview Post to see if it looks OK. The preview look will be at the top so scroll up to the top of the screen. All looks good? Click Post Reply. If it's not PK, go down to the post textbox and edit until you got what you want.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The reason that you can drag and drop an image while posting is because you are creating the post locally on your computer.  By doing so, your computer is acting as the server.  This allows it to serve up your local image.  Once you post your reply, the AB server becomes the server.  Since you didn't upload your image to the AB server,  there is nothing for it to display since it is still sitting on your computer.  

Several posts above, along with mine, contain links to instructions for the proper way to post an image.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Dave, Jeff and Nape.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to drag OSCAR screenshots into posts successfully
Just as an FYI, I have now successfully uploaded a thumbnail to my thread. Thanks

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar is dividing up time period [likely Auto On/Off function on CPAP, see posts 5&7] guiniviere 13 2,122 09-07-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Successfully installed InfoSmart on Windows 10 DrmWEaver 5 2,377 12-07-2022, 09:24 AM
  OSCAR crashing on change to or from OVERVIEW tab [solved - see posts 2&3] BruQu 4 672 06-26-2022, 07:53 PM
  OSCAR: Undo zoom from click/drag in Event Flags HiTechHiTouch 2 780 02-05-2021, 05:08 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  OSCAR won't accept password [resolved, see posts #3 & 4] JenniferJuniper 4 1,024 10-02-2020, 05:31 PM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Oscar Has Stopped Working [resolved - see posts 58-59] Jawone 65 7,259 04-21-2020, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Jawone
  Eliminating calendar in OSCAR [solution in posts #2 & 4] LarryRapp 4 1,038 05-01-2019, 10:47 AM
Last Post: LarryRapp

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.