Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to dry hose completely
How to dry hose completely
Just a quick question about how to completely dry the 6' hose after washing it. I try shaking it as best I can while still trying to do it relatively gently. Then hang it over the shower all day - usually 14 hours or so. But I still find small water drops inside it at night.

How do I completely dry it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to dry hose completely
I have, and alternate, 2 hoses so that I don't have to fuss over getting them dry. Also I have, on occasion, just hooked up and used a hose that hasn't completely dried.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
The small water droplets will evaporate as you turn your machine on and start therapy.
I have two hoses and when I'm ready to wash one, I don't worry about it being completely dry, just use the other hose.
When your insurance allows, get a second hose, it makes it much easier to deal with.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good advice from both of you. Thanks! I will do that when I am able insurance wise.
Post Reply Post Reply
I actually put my hose above my head and swing it around to use the centripetal force to get the majority of water out of my hose. So far no noticeable damage to the hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just put the hose on my machine and run it without a mask for a few minutes (you can pop your SD card out first it you're worried about skewing your report...)
Post Reply Post Reply
Seeing it's going to be two months or more before I am able to order any extra supplies through my insurance, I am wondering after I wash the hose could I hook it up in the evening before bed without the mask or humidifier and turn it on for an hour to finish drying it? And would this mean I should disconnect the humidifier from the CPAP machine before doing so or just remove the water tank? I can't imagine this would cause any harm to the machine, would it?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2015, 09:48 AM)cate1898 Wrote: Seeing it's going to be two months or more before I am able to order any extra supplies through my insurance, I am wondering after I wash the hose could I hook it up in the evening before bed without the mask or humidifier and turn it on for an hour to finish drying it? And would this mean I should disconnect the humidifier from the CPAP machine before doing so or just remove the water tank? I can't imagine this would cause any harm to the machine, would it?

Why put the hours on the blower. The hose does not have to be completely dry.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
It's just a brick loaner that I have at the moment so I hate to sound awful but I don't care about the hours on the blower on this machine. They (DME) didn't seem to care enough to give me a machine that would provide me with stats that I asked for.

But on the other hand, if it doesn't matter that there still some small water droplets in the hose and it won't affect anything then I'll just not bother.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, the remaining water droplets are not a problem. Swimming, showering, being outside in the rain or fog is the same thing. No problem.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 229 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 580 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] Can nasal airway stent help UARS but not completely treat it? airwaystent 9 976 12-19-2023, 06:11 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.