Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to dry hose in winter?
How to dry hose in winter?
Hi

I'm supposed to wash my climateline hose weekly and dry it before using it again.
How can I get it to dry in time to use it again? It (and the mask) are often still wet the next night. Can running the machine with an empty humidifier cause damage?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to dry hose in winter?
I wash weekly in the morning. I hang the tube over such as a shower rod and then lightly shake it before installing it. It still has moisture, but is not a problem. I don't know about running it without water. I think I heard someone suggest running it for a few minutes will dry the hose out. "I think".
As for the mask, I've also had the issue where it's still wet at bedtime. I found taking a dry towel and squeezing the surface of the mask will dry the mask much quicker. And I don't mean the whole mask as if it's a meatball. I go over sections of it that will fit in my hand one layer at a time. So I'm moving the mask around and moving the towel around to find different dry areas to absorb the moisture. I use a kitchen towel and it ends up pretty wet. By later afternoon, the mask is dry. This works for me, your experience may be different.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have rarely washed my tubing, and I'm pretty sure my wife never has. We get 6-month replacement, but the tube is never visibly contaminated. The tube does not receive expired air, as the flow from the xPAP is much higher than respiration. Simply put, this guideline for cleaning is way too much. Keep your mask clean, change the filter monthly, and don't worry about it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I was new to Cpap use, I would wash everything weekly. It really is too much and there is no need for it.

I can't remember when last I washed the hose, and I also receive replacement's quite often.

If you feel that you really need to wash your hose, at least be sure you have a replacement handy. This way you can alternate as one is drying.

However, I do change out the air filter monthly.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What about the mask? How often should I wash it, and is it really critical that it should be dry before using?
Post Reply Post Reply
A mask is a little different. The headgear should be washed more often as it picks up oils from your hair, plus they tend to stretch.

The nasal pillow can be washed daily. They dry really fast. Or some folk just wipe them down every morning with a baby wipe.

We all have enough to do in our daily lives, keep it simple. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all very much! I woke up this morning with congestion and was worried that maybe I caught something because the hose wasn't clean. Good to get all the info!
Post Reply Post Reply
I was running me as10 with a empty humidifier for a year or more, no problem. Then I got a side panel to replace it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't wash my hose frequently but when I did once, I dried the hose by swirling it around and then using my "hurricane dryer"---worked great!

I use the F20 touch mask, and you can't wash it at all--I have never tried---I just wipe it with a baby wipe in the hopes that it will remove at least some of the facial oil.
Post Reply Post Reply
On ebay there is a CPAP Dryer I recently picked up that works awesome
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 578 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,554 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.