Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[How to] export data from resscan to sleepyhead
Question 
I'm using the obsolete S8 data card and reader to read data from my S8 and display it in resScan. Is there a way to export rescan data, then import it into sleepyhead?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Would think the standard procedure applies: lock the SD-Card, mount the card to the PC, import into SleepyHead, unmount card, unlock card, insert card back into your S8

SleepyHead supports both S8 and S9 among others.

Edit: I don't think there is a way to export data from ResScan into a format that SleepyHead accepts.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2014, 02:21 PM)c0reDump Wrote: Would think the standard procedure applies: lock the SD-Card, mount the card to the PC, import into SleepyHead, unmount card, unlock card, insert card back into your S8

SleepyHead supports both S8 and S9 among others.

Edit: I don't think there is a way to export data from ResScan into a format that SleepyHead accepts.

But, the S8 does not use an SD card. Looks like a memory stick with contacts like what you might see on a phone SIM card. The reader is quite unique and requires the ResScan driver for the card read.

I've not tried it; perhaps Sleepyhead can read through the card reader... I'll try it and report my findings.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

(03-10-2014, 02:28 PM)justMongo Wrote: But, the S8 does not use an SD card. Looks like a memory stick with contacts like what you might see on a phone SIM card. The reader is quite unique and requires the ResScan driver for the card read.

I've not tried it; perhaps Sleepyhead can read through the card reader... I'll try it and report my findings.

Yeah, my mistake, I found a webpage where the SleepyHead author has an outline of the S8 dataformat, but it looks like the S8 is NOT officially supported due to the proprietary card.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...d_Hardware
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...ata_Format
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead does not support machines uses smart data cards such as Resmed S8 or Respironcis M series
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2014, 03:59 PM)zonk Wrote: SleepyHead does not support machines uses smart data cards such as Resmed S8 or Respironcis M series

And now I can confirm that. SH would not find the S8 reader.
I was hoping their might be an export function in RS (there is -- to csv file format) that could then be imported to SH (that does work either.)

So, the final answer is: No.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which AHI Numbers Should I Believe, from Sleepyhead or ResScan? OpineCone 0 57 Yesterday, 10:06 PM
Last Post: OpineCone
  Some guidance requested on Sleepyhead data Marillion 7 221 03-18-2017, 11:30 AM
Last Post: bonjour
  New here, help with sleepyhead data Mark71 20 717 03-15-2017, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Cranberry Ray
  RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.1) frankresmeds9 1 246 02-23-2017, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  sleepyhead/Airsense 10 (summary data only) JohnnyGobbs 15 442 02-21-2017, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New CPAP User Looking for Sleepyhead Data Interpretation pcplus2 5 506 02-05-2017, 09:04 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [split] ResScan - [version 5.7] Agent942 11 416 01-08-2017, 10:28 AM
Last Post: OpalRose