Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to find Central Apnea events in OSCAR? [Treatment of central apnea]
How to find Central Apnea events in OSCAR? [Treatment of central apnea]
I'm a new OSCAR and I'm particularly interested in finding my central apnea events in all the data presented in OSCAR.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to find Central Apnea events in OSCAR?
Welcome to the forum.
Central Events detected by the machine are flagged as CA.
OSCAR makes no determination.

We cannot tell definitively wether events are obstructive or not.

Generally Central events are not followed by a recovery breath.

Is that what you are looking for?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2019, 03:32 PM)GaspForAir Wrote: I'm a new OSCAR and I'm particularly interested in finding my central apnea events in all the data presented in OSCAR.

Thanks!

Central apnea's are also called "Clear Airway" or "CA" events in OSCAR.  If your machine flagged any there will be ticks in the CA row in the Event Flags chart.  You will also see in the left sidebar a title of "Clear Airway" which will show a number, if you had any events.  If there is a number there I believe it is an average events per hour.

Post a screenshot of your chart and it will be easier for members to help.....
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both for the information! I will take a closer look at "CA."
I just tried taking screenshots using the f12 key with OSCAR and all I got were empty images!?! I use Windows 7 on a 7 year old HP machine.
Is this a known issue or something new? Please let me know if I should generate a new forum message with this problem. I'd very much like to have you look at my data.
Post Reply Post Reply
That function is re-written for OSCAR 1.1.0 (which is moving into release testing)
Post Reply Post Reply
The screenshot problem can be part of the default Graphics engine. You might try changing it, located in the Preferences section, to Software Engine. If you do try this, restart OSCAR after changing it.

Concerning CA events; Look on the left side of the Daily screen for a tab labelled "Events". All events are listed for that day. Each event has a number in parenthesis that is the time in seconds the event lasted. If you click on an event in the list, the Daily graphs will be zoomed in on that event.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your profile says Airsense 10, but there are a few different models (Autoset, Autoset for Her, Elite, CPAP). Which one do you have?
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ircurve_10

If you could, update your profile with the full model type
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. For now I will take screenshots with Windows Snipping Tool if that's ok.

(12-18-2019, 08:56 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: If you could, update your profile with the full model type

Done. Thanks for catching this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You for all the great help! I changed my graphics engine to software and that solved a lot of problems. I have included two screenshots which I hope get back to my original question of observing central air apnea events. A quick review would be great.

Post Reply Post Reply
You have a few central apneas but not enough to be concerned about, per your closeup they appear to be correctly identified.

Of much more concern are the clusters of OA and H.  Are you using a soft cervical collar?  If not you should be.  It should significantly reduce your AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 40 11 hours ago
Last Post: TiredTim
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 216 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 340 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,512 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 347 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,395 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.