Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to find leak rate?
How to find leak rate?
Using ResMed Auto Set S9 but not set on Auto. Using ResMed P10 Nasal pillows medium. Pressure level set at 7.

How do I get the leak rate statistics from the Info button? I get a green smiley face each day I check the info but I don't know how to get the actual leak rate. Can anyone give me a step by step direction to getting those figures? The manual is useless.

Untreated AHI at sleep study was 35.8. Treated AHI has been 2, 0.5, 0.4, 0.2, 0.1, 0.5, 0.8 in that order for the past week. Have been on the machine for three weeks.

Feel much better in the mornings but am concerned that the leak rate may not be good because AHI numbers dropped and are now rising slowly. Scores are still great compared to untreated AHI but I want to stop the slow rise in AHI if possible.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to find leak rate?
Press and hold both silver buttons for 3 sec and turn the push dial
All explained in the clinical manual, scroll down to 'how to ask for the manual via Email'
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

S9 setup pictures and video http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

S9 data guide http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...ow_eng.pdf

you might also want to download the software, gives you more detailed information and graphs
ResScan and SleepyHead download links http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

Feeling much better in the mornings is good sign
AHI 5 and below is normal while on PAP
Leak 24 L/m and below is okay
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to find leak rate?
As Zonk said, press the two silver buttons next to the knob on the right and hold them a few seconds. The screen that appears will have a smiley face. It shows usage time for the night above the smile face and the AHI for the night below the smile face. While looking at that screen, turn the knob on right down one click. Don't push it ... just turn it. Another screen will appear and the leak rate is the last line in the data shown. You want your leak rate to be under 24L/min.

Your AHI is excellent. Don't beat yourself up if they rise and drop. As long as you are under 5 you are ok. If you are consistently high is when you want to be aware. Also, make sure you change your mask as often as your insurance allows. I have Swift FX nasal pillows. I have to change my pillow/cushion each month. I had noticed my AHI was increasing and lingering in the high range and I was beginning to have that tired feeling from apnea during the daytime. After doing some reading, I found that I should change my pillows regularly as they lose their edge and become less effective. I am allowed two pillows each month. I gauge how often I have to change them so I don't waste any. I can get by with just one a month. I had used the same pillows for 3 months before I found I could change them. I thought I had to wait 6 months but that is inclusive of the headgear that also stretches out and doesn't fit as well over time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 231 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 849 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 225 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 196 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  flow rate and leak rate question sleepingbetterinFl 0 88 03-21-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.