Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to fix the glider strap on a Flexifit 431/432 mask?
How to fix the glider strap on a Flexifit 431/432 mask?
Hello all! I have some older Flexifit full face 431/432 masks that are still good but they have the old glider strap style with two small interlocking parts instead of the current style that has one long interlocking part.

The glider strap is the gray part with two wires that goes across the bottom area of the mask in the photo attached.

My problem is that I don't have any of the old style of head straps with the old clips to fit into the masks I have. However, I do have lots of the newer clip styles, and theoretically I should be able to replace the glider strap in my mask with the newer style since they sell replacement glider straps for this Flexifit mask.

However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get to the glider strap so I can replace it. I can't find any instructions online, either.

Has anyone done this before or knows how to do it? I could use some advice on this. Thanks!

[Image: 10781__23208.1584582943.jpg?c=1]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to fix the glider strap on a Flexifit 431/432 mask?
I just did a search on Amazon for, "Flexifit full face 431/432 headgear" and found several listings that would seem to fit the mask you have pictured.

I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm really hoping to fix the masks I have rather than buy whole new ones, though.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ones I am referring to were just the mask's headgear only and not the mask.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The headgear being sold now has the new style of clip on it. I can't use the current headgear with my older masks that have the old glider strap style.

I WOULD be able to use the current headgear if I could replace the glider strap on my older masks, and that's what I'm trying to do. I know where to buy replacement glider straps that would work.

However, I cannot figure out how to replace the glider strap. There doesn't seem to be any way to get to it.

But there MUST be some way to get to it, otherwise they wouldn't sell replacement glider strap pieces.

I was hoping someone here either knew how to do it or knew where to find instructions to replace a glider strap.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 363 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,100 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,534 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Chin Strap for Full Face Mask? newtothis1 5 649 01-01-2024, 03:03 PM
Last Post: newtothis1
  Chin Strap or Cervical Collar with Nasal Pillows? Columbiabill 2 558 12-26-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Chin Strap Suggestions Jose Castro 9 819 12-17-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.