Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 5.0 13.0
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
RE: How to gather more data?
(02-08-2013 09:42 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  For me, watching my potassium intake helps with the RLS and my PLMD decreased a lot after I started using CPAP. Prior to that, I was kinda dangerous to be near while I slept. I once kicked so hard, I kicked my 85lb Rottweiler up and over the foot board. She was very angry with me. Since starting using the APAP, the jerks are almost all gone. I think I've had just a handful since November.

When you say you're watching your potassium intake, I'm not sure if you are not getting enough or too much potassium or you are controlling with supplements.

I'm getting Vit B12 shots (just had my 3rd of a 6 month period) and on iron supplements. Hopefully this will help my RLS/PLMD symptoms. My brother just finished up his 6 month period of Vit B12 shots and iron therapy and his numbers are very good now. Our mother had pernicious(sp?) anemia and ended up taking Vit B12 shots for the rest of her life.
02-09-2013 09:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: How to gather more data?
There are some theories that low potassium can cause RLS or RLS like symptoms. My first fun with it started when they changed a medication but forgot it kicks out potassium from the system. I took potassium supplements (huge, huge pills) for a while until we could figure out what medication to use instead (which we eventually did). Since then, whenever I feel it, I eat a banana or something with potassium and it either goes away or it decreases.

Dopamine something is the main medication treatment.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
02-09-2013 02:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sleepyhead data vs. Doctor's data Daisylouu 8 1,400 09-01-2016 06:10 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  Revised Post Regarding "I need help with SH data" - with data included! Jeffo1 3 593 05-16-2016 11:28 PM
Last Post: Jeffo1
  Data viewer for 960 BiPAP AutoSV / Missing data pswartz 5 2,253 10-06-2014 02:31 PM
Last Post: pswartz
  Does reading the data card erase the data? Marnid2014 22 8,562 03-12-2014 12:36 PM
Last Post: retired_guy