Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to treatment
RE: New to treatment
I told you I'm easy to confuse.   Dont-know
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad I'm not alone!! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=4849]

Back again, had a slight problem with access to data on the SD card from my machine, but tha has been resolved. The techs from my medical supplier are still tinkering with settings and hopefully we will arrive at optimum soon. A second (more seasoned) tech took over from the original and she basically started at square one as she didn't like the direction the first girl was heading. Events still happening in clusters especially just before waking and CAs outweigh OAs substantially. Here is a screenshot from last night.
Post Reply Post Reply
With all those CA's that is a concern.  It is sometimes a result of too high a pressure.  Have you considered tweeking the pressure yourself.  Just hold the "Home" button down at the same time you press the "dial".  Hold for 5 seconds and you are in.  I personally adjusted the CPAP max pressure by .2 each night for over a month until I found my ideal pressure.  Also, I don't know why you are using a set pressure.  As opposed to constant pressure, have you considered just setting a max pressure of 9 and see how you do.
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I see it looks like you woke up about 8:50AM and laid there for awhile.  I would regard anything after 8:50 AM as sleep-wake junk.  You may wish to increase your pressure to about 9.6 to see if you can clear up the occasional Hypopneas and OA's.  Overall, not bad!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Fitmart,

As I'm still in a trial period with my provider I am letting them make adjustments as they see fit. They are supposed to know what they are doing, and hopefully by the end of the trial they will have zeroed in on the best settings for me. I also am concerned about the preponderance of CA events. It is part of an ongoing discussion with the respiratory therapists at my provider. I have a meeting tomorrow to discuss current settings and possible changes. Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi CN,

If I could throw out the last hour of most nights charts I would hardly have an issue at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
jbee18,
While we are awake our breathing is very sporadic and uneven. When we sleep a more even pattern takes place. As we go to sleep and then as we awake you will experience this sleep-wake junk. It's nothing to worry about. I am looking at your overall sleep session and the CA's only seem to propagate at the end of your session. If they occurred all night long then that would be a different story. Please don't worry about them at this time.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 52 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 121 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 281 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 197 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,017 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 581 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.