Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to get to 100%?
RE: How to get to 100%?
Hopefully this works. Screenshot attachment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2013, 06:44 PM)tokyo43 Wrote:
(06-07-2013, 06:32 PM)zonk Wrote:
(06-07-2013, 06:03 PM)tokyo43 Wrote: Last night my leak rate was 17.2. Which I think is ok?
95% leak was at or below 17.2 L/min for 95% of the time
Chinstrap as suggested can help keep mouth closed and minimize mouth leaks

So you're telling me that 17.2 is not good? I need to read up on mask leakage.
Your machine subtract mask vents leak from total leak and report unintentional leak (mask plus mouth leak) on the LCD

ResScan leak graph draw a red line at 24 L/min, below the red line is acceptable leak and not a big deal if goes above the red line for a while

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk for walking me through that.
I'm going to go mow the lawn now or else I'll crash way before bedtime.

Anyone have any comments on my ResScan numbers?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your AHI looks good.

The only thing I would add is your sleep patterns are way off. Is this due to work?

Have you ever looked into "sleep hygiene"? Perhaps some of the tricks could help you set a routine (if you can) and get the most out of your sleep.

I'd take the machine back to where you got it and have them measure it. It's not giving you what it says it is. Either that or the measuring tool is off. It is way past it's warranty, though.

The thing to look for with leaks is their duration. If it is a big spike that lasts just a minute or so, then you probably opened your mouth. If it is a long duration with some variation, I'd assume it was the mask came loose. Overall, your leaks look good, just those two days with huge spike from your normal. Does ResScan show snore? If a snore at the same time as the leak, pretty good guess it is a mouth leak.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
My AHI being so low is why I haven't scheduled another sleep study despite still feeling tired all the time. I kind of had the impression from my previous 2 studies that the only thing they'll do is check for apneas and give me an updated pressure setting.

My sleep discipline has been lacking lately. I need to get back in the habit of winding down at the end of the day instead of rushing to get stuff done.

The way my meter is designed it's impossible for it to give a bad reading so my CPAP is definitely not putting out the same pressure as it's reporting on the LCD. I don't know that's really a problem as long as I know the true pressure. If I remember right my insurance (Tricare) won't replace a CPAP, but once every 5 years. I'll see what my supplier says.

Very helpful info about mask vs mouth leaks! Quick review of my ResScan data and it looks like I have mostly mask leaks. I readjusted my straps last night and the leaks dropped way down. Unfortunately, I pulled the masked off after a few hours. Thinking-about

ResScan does have snore data. Looks like I'm mostly snore free.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.