Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to get to zero apneas??
RE: How to get to zero apneas??
In the 6+ years I've been a hosehead I can count the number of 0.0 nights on one hand. When I go and look at the graphs in SH, I see a lot of long 0.0 periods with a mesa or two of a higher amount - usually when I am lying in bed awake in the middle of the night. Key thing is, do you feel refreshed and able to function the next day.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
My AHI stays around 2-2.2 most of the nights, which I consider great, since my AHI was initially close to 60.
Interestingly, I found that AHI is lower on nights when I had long busy days and was extremely tired.

My insomniac friend has 0.0 AHI almost every night  Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a few 0, it's like a rainbow, nice to see but don't necessarily make you feel better. 0 is like your age ,just a number. What's important is how you feel in the daytime. 

Bag-head snorybob.
Post Reply Post Reply
Anytime I had a Zero AHI I was using a pillow mask (P10). I've never had a zero AHI with a full face mask though I have been under 1 AHI. I can guess at the reason but I can't really prove why that is.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Walla Walla:
Same here, only with the p10. Can I ask what your guest would be ?      

Bag-head snorybob.
Post Reply Post Reply
One guaranteed way to record a 0.0 AHI, don't turn the CPAP on. Smile

No I would not suggest trying that though. Tea time Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2018, 11:33 AM)snorybob Wrote: Walla Walla:
Same here, only with the p10. Can I ask what your guest would be ?      

Bag-head snorybob.

I think because the pillow mask provides a more concentrated stream of air which better splints the airway open. That's assuming of course you keep your mouth shut.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
It make sense!
                          Thanks

Bag-head 
                                        snorybob.
Post Reply Post Reply
"My insomniac friend has 0.0 AHI almost every night Wink" ycsi

"One guaranteed way to record a 0.0 AHI, don't turn the CPAP on. Smile" sarcasticdave94

that's funny, because it's true. a variation of this is the only times I've scored a 0.0 is when I've slept in many fragments, almost all under an hour each (this is all too common for me). I surmise that I don't reach deep enough sleep to produce apnea. consequently I do not feel very refreshed after these 0.0 ahi nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some of my worst night's sleep had 0.0 AHI's.  I've since learned that low numbers don't mean everything.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 846 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 300 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
  Cpap causing Central Apneas shedu1337 1 260 02-24-2024, 05:46 PM
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,273 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 275 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
  High Number of Central Apneas HungryPanda 5 452 02-13-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.