Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Connectivity to Sleeplabs
Connectivity to Sleeplabs
As a long time user of CPAP (Feb 2009) my faithful   S7 died and I replaced it with an Airsense 10. Great machine with lots of bells and whistles of the sort we engineers love to tinker with. I needed my original sleep lab study in order to purchase it online but as the test was performed at sea level and I now live at 7,000 feet - the settings need to be changed. I have all the software successfully installed - Sleepyhead and ResScan and also a pulse oximeter- which while showing a nice low average AHI of 1.1 also shows that my oxygen levels can go below 90%.
Local sleep lab will help me fine tune the device but they say they can't view my machine's data online because I didn't buy it through the correct channels. I bought mine from 1800 CPAP who were excellent ! Any ideas how I can enable this feature ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Connectivity to Sleeplabs
It's not that they cannot; it's that they will not.
It's CDMA cellular modem.

There is likely a cost in using the modem to collect data; and if you had bought it from the local lab, they would have been willing to pay for the cellular service.

Using these online suppliers can be a great cost savings. But, it comes with a cost of no support.

Our members may be able to help you fine tune it if you will post your results.

First, let's get your precise machine into your profile. Airsense 10 is a family of machines. What other word is located lower-right? Autoset? or ... ?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Russ. Welcome to Apnea Board.

If they can't or won't access your data on line, can you not take the SD card in there for them to read?

In any case, I suspect the members here will be able to give you more than enough guidance to fine tune your therapy if you upload your SleepyHead screen shotshot.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is seriously nothing that sleep lab can tell you that we can't for free. Post some charts. We have some members with altitude related central apnea and lots of experience on the board optimizing these things. The first two links in my signature describe how to organize and post a chart. I'd be very surprised if we couldn't help.

Your low event rate sounds encouraging. If the SpO2 desaturations are not related to apnea, there are two ways to increase them. Supplemental oxygen fed to the CPAP tube, or increased EPAP pressure...in your case CPAP pressure including EPR (exhale pressure relief). To understand this, do some reading on PEEP https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positive_e...y_pressure Then post some charts that show the conditions under which desaturation occurs. Then, increase pressure and decrease the EPR setting and see if that resolves the problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the fast responses - it's an AutoSet - I'm not home for another couple of days so I'll post sleepyhead screenshot then
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  resscan connectivity issue rzwilson 1 814 11-08-2019, 01:16 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
Question Z1 Nitelog bt connectivity Niskydoc 0 1,265 07-22-2018, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Niskydoc
Gross Flashair connectivity - help! maep2017 10 2,466 08-06-2017, 01:41 PM
Last Post: AlanE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.