Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to hug the Grandchildren in the Era of COVID - Use your CPAP Machine
How to hug the Grandchildren in the Era of COVID - Use your CPAP Machine
Because of COVID I haven't been able to hug my grandchildren for several months - Intolerable situation - right!

So As an engineer I should be able to engineer a solution
I'll simply completely wrap myself in disposable plastic - Problem solved YIKES except for the side effect of suffocating after the first minute
What to do - CPAP TO THE RESCUE. Put the CPAP machine away from the grandchildren where the intake air should be safe and for good measure add a in-line Bacterial/viral filter between the delivery hose and the mask

PROBLEM SOLVED - COVID defeated

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: How to hug the Grandchildren in the Era of COVID - Use your CPAP Machine
I'm sorry this is something that is interfering with your life. I have 5 grandkids and hug them any chance I get. We keep one of the kids all week long she is preschool. I can't even think about keeping a plastic shield between us. I hope things change and we all can get back to lives as we had known them.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed 
Cervical Collar  
Mask Primer 
Dealing w DME
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to hug the Grandchildren in the Era of COVID - Use your CPAP Machine
Reuben, that's a sad situation, although very cleaver of you to find a way to hug those kids.

During this Covid crises, my grandkids have not been around other adults or other children. At ages 2 and 5, they never went back to daycare or pre k, and my husband and I don't go out much except to pick up grocery's and such. So we have no issue having them come over.

Hubby and I do wear masks around them as much as possible.

We do need to be careful though, as kids can and do get Covid and can be asymptomatic and pass it on easily to others.

EDIT: Reuben, be sure that the plastic covering doesn't obstruct the mask venting.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Dreaming

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Mask Primer
Machine Choices
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Where to get a funded CPAP machine for health care card holder in VIC babynurse 3 126 09-11-2020, 09:03 PM
Last Post: kappa
  aromatherapy oils in cpap machine somnia16 25 17,879 09-08-2020, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Tlmang
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 158 167,308 09-06-2020, 06:22 PM
Last Post: 53lowt
  [CPAP] New to CPAP and struggling - feels like my breathing gets "cut off" by the machine andrewb 13 396 08-29-2020, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Why am I feeling worse using my CPAP machine, than without it? ppca 8 270 08-23-2020, 08:18 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Changing CPAP machine in attempt to resolve bloating and gas elwoodpdowd 9 282 08-21-2020, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] Purchasing a new CPAP machine LouDuva7943 3 175 08-19-2020, 02:03 PM
Last Post: LouDuva7943

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.