Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to identify central or complex apneas using software
RE: How to identify central or complex apneas using software
Dave, I concur wholeheartedly.   There is one more guerilla in the room, and that is Medicare with their arbitrary rules and edicts.  I'm also caught up in the fact the original DME was bought up and closed down shifting accounts to the present division of yet another larger supplier.

The patient has to be a strong advocate or have someone working with them that is.   I've demonstrated that several times over.

Believe it or not - last night's final results is the conclusion of a process that started with Medicare and DME in mid-2015.  This is four years and four machines later; and has involved Medicare and four of the five DMEs I've dealt with over the past years.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup, know that feeling. Just like Disability claims or whatever.

Stick with us on apnea board, we'll do everything in our power to assist, give advice, etc. Only semi sarcastic when I say this, we don't accept failure on a member's part. Plan on winning. Sincere best wishes on that success too.

Oh by the way, you might find this ironic, but there's quite a few on the board that love drinking coffee...Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I love drinking coffee especially in the morning.   Before apnea was diagnosed in '86 I was on 36 cups of coffee a day plus 8 Anacin (caffeine and aspirin)....  and a few Gelusil to keep the stomach sweet and happy. 

After your last post I was thinking - the 2015 episode started when I asked for new headgear.  That is sort of simple isn't it - well, not exactly when Medicare is involved and the patient can't communicate directly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Second night in a row - ZERO apnea events.... NONE! AI = 0 HI = 18.31. Still working on hypopnea. Sleeping quietly.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK that sounds good. At least you’re headed in the right direction.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep following the titration guide.  Hypopnea requires a rise in EPAP.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4210]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 6 165 03-15-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Detection Driving Me Nuts!! Reznik 65 11,478 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: ChristianH
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 5 241 03-09-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: meatheadmd
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,816 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 15 630 03-08-2024, 02:42 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Treatment] Treatment Emergent Central Apnea or Insomnia -- which is it? mallar 1 270 03-02-2024, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mallar
  New to the board: Pre Therapy, suspected Central Apnea MVoltaire 12 444 02-28-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: MVoltaire

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.