Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to improve this PB and Hyponeas
How to improve this PB and Hyponeas
Things have been going well for me since I have now gotten used to my new Fisher & Paykel Brevida nasal mask (love it!) - AHI's mostly under 1.  But just last night I got an AHI of 1.3.  Not that it is bad, but is there a way of dealing with the periodic breathing and hyponeas that were detected?  My question is more from a learning experience rather than worrying about how to correct it.

Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to improve this PB and Hyponeas
You'll always get some variation in AHI and 1.3 is still an excellent score.

The session of periodic breathing only lasted a few minutes, not all that long before you woke up. My guess is that it's just disturbed sleep - I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens frequently and for greater periods.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2018, 04:45 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens frequently and for greater periods.

Yes, thank you I won't try to deal with it at this point.  As it was isolated in this case and nothing of note anywhere else, I am just wondering about the theory of why it occurred and what the fix would be - again just for educational purposes. 

Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t think there is a theory about why periodic breathing happens. I experience occasional PB too, but have not been able to narrow down a definite reason for it.

I wouldn’t worry about occasional PB or Hypopneas as long as your numbers are low and you feel good.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had similar PB periods on my old philips CPAP, but not since changing to Resmed.  I think it may be related to Flex, but no way to really know.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2018, 02:07 PM)OpalRose Wrote: have not been able to narrow down a definite reason for it.

Thanks for the info!

(10-16-2018, 04:42 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:  I think it may be related to Flex, but no way to really know.

Maybe I'll try setting Flex to off rather than 1 some day.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,224 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 505 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Improve Respiratory Rate? MrIvanDrago 4 327 02-16-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Improve my CPAP Performance dpoelker 4 250 02-06-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New CPAP user here. Ready to learn. Please advise how I can improve! Sleepyman12 4 482 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Help interpreting OSCAR results to improve my sleep Provolone 5 524 11-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Provolone
  Before: 16 AHI, After: 2-3 AHI. Please help analyze to see if I can improve at all kenmai9 9 752 10-27-2023, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.