Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to interpret sleepy head stats???
How to interpret sleepy head stats???
I have downloaded sleepy head, and have no problem uploading the data from my CPAP SD card. The prob is that I really don't know what most of it means. On my CPAP screen, as well as in sleepyhead under "daily"...my AHI is always well under 1,and my leaks somewhere around 18. When I display the "stats" on sleepy head, my AHI often seems to be almost 3, and my leaks show much higher. Is there a link to learn how to decipher all of this info, so that I can understand what is actually happening to me? Also, does it all really matter in the long run...and if not, what are the areas I should be keeping an eye on. My sleep Dr. does not even check my data, so if I can't figure it out, what really is the point of a CPAP with an SD card? Whew...that felt good ...lol! Thanks for any info or suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to interpret sleepy head stats???
Hi Kitley!

I learned a whole lot by looking through the private member only files. Look under "private files and links" from the main homepage. There are a lot of gems there. I found screen shots for the resscan software with great explanations. Probably there are sleepyhead shots too, but someone here that is smarter then me probably can give you the exact link.

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2012, 03:18 PM)Itsadryheat Wrote: Hi Kitley!

I learned a whole lot by looking through the private member only files. Look under "private files and links" from the main homepage. There are a lot of gems there. I found screen shots for the resscan software with great explanations. Probably there are sleepyhead shots too, but someone here that is smarter then me probably can give you the exact link.

Good luck!

Ahaaa...I will look there...thanks so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not seen tutorial for SH but there is one for ResScan and more information. Look at page #1 - post #4, SS list some of the definitions
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...n-3-16-SP1

I,m familiar with SH. You don,t need the software to check your data, the S9 display more useful data than other machines. It shows breakdown of AHI, 95P leak and your leak 18 is ok as it falls under Resmed magic number 24. Having said that the software can provide breath by breath analysis and the ResScan shows how long each apnea lasted in seconds and when did it occurred during the night. Sometimes I see apnea flagged while awake so they don,t count just discard them but still shows in AHI. My doc is the same as yours don,t check the data (probably from the same school) but I believe he is wrong either he don,t have a clue or want me to do another sleep study so he can make more money Dont-know

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2012, 04:44 PM)zonk Wrote: I have not seen tutorial for SH but there is one for ResScan and more information. Look at page #1 - post #4, SS list some of the definitions
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...n-3-16-SP1

I,m familiar with SH. You don,t need the software to check your data, the S9 display more useful data than other machines. It shows breakdown of AHI, 95P leak and your leak 18 is ok as it falls under Resmed magic number 24. Having said that the software can provide breath by breath analysis and the ResScan shows how long each apnea lasted in seconds and when did it occurred during the night. Sometimes I see apnea flagged while awake so they don,t count just discard them but still shows in AHI. My doc is the same as yours don,t check the data (probably from the same school) but I believe he is wrong either he don,t have a clue or want me to do another sleep study so he can make more money Dont-know

Thanks...I did find the Resscan link, and it did explain some of the stuff. Glad to know that leaks under 24 are good, and already knew that AHI under 5 is good. Thanks...I will check out some Sleepyhead info too.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2012, 06:08 PM)kitley Wrote: Thanks...I will check out some Sleepyhead info too.
SH Glossary
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...r_Glossary

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2012, 06:24 PM)zonk Wrote:
(07-30-2012, 06:08 PM)kitley Wrote: Thanks...I will check out some Sleepyhead info too.
SH Glossary
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...r_Glossary

Wow...thanks so much for the link. This forum really is amazing!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2012, 12:12 PM)kitley Wrote: On my CPAP screen, as well as in sleepyhead under "daily"...my AHI is always well under 1,and my leaks somewhere around 18. When I display the "stats" on sleepy head, my AHI often seems to be almost 3, and my leaks show much higher.

When you show the "stats" on SH and your leaks look much larger, your intentional leak is probably included. You just have to poke around with the options and see what's being reported.

Look at the AHI graph on the Overview page. You can see what your AHI is every day. That should agree with what you see on each Daily page.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 181 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 367 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 347 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 559 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  Still Sleepy? HotdogFriendo 4 373 01-15-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question [CPAP] Oura Ring Sleep Stats with CPAP FooMan 2 1,151 01-13-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Chask

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.