Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to keep detailed data.longer.
How to keep detailed data.longer.
I have been using CPAP for about 5 years since an OSA diagnosis. My original machine was a Respironics M series. About 9 months ago I upgraded to a ResMed S9 Elite which had better data capabilities and I downloaded the ResScan software to monitor results which I did at summary level.

Since changing to ResMed I have also lost about 50kg of body weight which has had a profound beneficial effect on the various medical conditions that I suffer. I have been able to maintain my AHI below 2 whilst reducing the pressure from 16 to 10. But in recent weeks I have seen an uptick in AHI, with one reading above 5 for a night. This has made me interested in the detailed data that is available.

Today I downloaded and installed SleepyHead and was impressed, to say the least, with the range of statistics available. I also imported the detailed data into ResScan and that also gives a good picture of what is happening during the night!

Unfortunately ResMed only seems to keep a rolling 30 day set of detailed data on the SD card. Is it possible to save the data somewhere so that I can build up a better picture of what is happening over a longer time period?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to keep detailed data.longer.
Welcome bhutch, I installed both but stick with Sleeyhead and only use that now.
I update my data and review it once a week.
Check to see what your leaks are they should be below 24l and check your pressure you want that to be below 10 for 95% of the time.
You may need to increase your pressure again, I would do it slowly like an additional 1 over a two week period then another 1 etc until you get your AHI consistently below 5 again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2013, 12:33 AM)bhutch Wrote: Unfortunately ResMed only seems to keep a rolling 30 day set of detailed data on the SD card. Is it possible to save the data somewhere so that I can build up a better picture of what is happening over a longer time period?
If this is your first download, the detailed data prior to the last 30 days is not retrievable. Before closing ResScan make sure to save the data, SleepyHead does it automatically

S9 SD card stores 30 days of detailed data and 7 days of flow data, no flow data after the 7th day
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day bhutch - welcome!

To expand on what Tez and Zonk said, the Resmed only keeps the detailed data for a short period on the SD card, then starts over-writing it. You need to make sure you download the data from your SD card weekly. Both ResScan and SleepyHead will save the data onto your hard drive - SH does it automatically and with ResScan you have to remember to save it before you exit the program.
Post Reply Post Reply
Odd, I just open rescan and went back to the beginning, Oct 18th, when I started with the Autoset. All of the detailed data is there and is there for everyday except there are two days back when I was mishandling my SD card and I lost those two days. I do NOT back up my data in the Rescan folder, so I could not be picking up my backup folder.

Every time I open Rescan I use a customized report which selects ALL the data, it is a five page report. It saves it as an Adobe PDF file. I have one for every day just in case I need it. I don't print them, just save them for a rainy day or another data mishap. These PDFs are not tied to any database or my machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bhutch,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
If your data is downloaded timely and saved in ResScan, it will not go away as long as you select discard rather than overwrite.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys for the prompt responses. Although my post was my first here I have been lurking for quite a while. I appreciate the work you guys do and it is obvious from the many times I have seen your tags that this is a very helpful community.

It looks like I will have to remember to set up another weekly job. I thought that after retirement life would get simpler. Not so! Now if only I could connect the S9 to the household network - There's an idea ResMed.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2013, 11:13 AM)drgrimes Wrote: Odd, I just open rescan and went back to the beginning, Oct 18th, when I started with the Autoset. All of the detailed data is there and is there for everyday except there are two days back when I was mishandling my SD card and I lost those two days. I do NOT back up my data in the Rescan folder, so I could not be picking up my backup folder.

When you save data in ResScan, it sends it to an "RLK" file in the public folder (Windows machines). It's the RLK files where ResScan keeps all the data going way back. eg on my computer the RLK files are in C:\Users\Public\Documents\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients\Fisher, Paul

The files from the SD card are not retained by ResScan, and the BRP files which contain detailed data such as the flow and mask pressure are erased by the S9 after a week. Thus the need to download the data to your PC weekly. I don't know what ResMed was thinking when they designed this system - it's crazy. Maybe it started in the days when memory was scarce and expensive, but there's no need to perpetuate the practice.

BTW, I don't know in detail what's on all the files - I think I saw a post here setting it all out.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2013, 05:46 PM)bhutch Wrote: It looks like I will have to remember to set up another weekly job. I thought that after retirement life would get simpler. Not so! Now if only I could connect the S9 to the household network - There's an idea ResMed.

I have Saturday morning ritual that I do as it is one of my few unhurried times. Shortly after I get up I grab a cup of coffee and my SD card and check out my machine data. About two months ago I started using the 'note' feature in the Daily view of SleepyHead and type in a few notes about the week. This way I can check the data for the same day each week and have a quick reminder of what went happened. If I had other issues that require more detail, I will write those in on the specific day.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 460 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  F20 Touch (foam) cushion --Longer Use and Larger Leaks snorin2 18 1,939 09-26-2023, 03:09 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Detailed data report on airsense 11 silverdr 2 1,305 08-25-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: silverdr
  Pilot-24 no longer recognizes CPAP DanDV 1 598 08-20-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,484 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Help refining settings for longer sleep sleepnomore 0 355 02-24-2023, 09:26 AM
Last Post: sleepnomore
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,632 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.