Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to keep mask on while sleeping!
RE: How to keep mask on while sleeping!
Thank you so much for your reply!

We do not use the ramp, and have changed his minimum pressure to 6. He has autoflex on a level of 2 already, so we left that setting alone. I had him wear his mask for a few hours in the evening two nights in a row, so far and plan to continue doing that every night.
I had difficulty attaching the download last time, user error, I'm sure. There was only one day that I was attaching :0)

I'm going to try to attach last night's info, it shows HE SLEPT ALMOST 3 HOURS ON HIS CPAP!!!!!! I asked him how he felt, he said he felt really good like he DID sleep 3 hours - I'm so very happy for him to have started improvement. His hypopnea went down and his RERA went down some, too. I had to look up the definition for RERA, this website is so helpful, I'm learning a lot.

I'm hoping he sleeps 3 hours again tonight and then at some point increases more hours each night. I'd love for him to get 7 or 8 hours. If he goes back to 1 hour I'm thinking of increasing his pressure to 7. If he stays at 3 hours or more, I'll leave his settings as is.

If you have any further suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
Thanks for your time and thoughts!

P.S. I can't get the attachment to work, so I did a Snip It. I'm going to ask my son to show me how to get the attachment to work. Thanks again! Leila.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to hear it's doing better. Keeping settings as is would be fine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup.....good to hear he's working on it.  

With help from dad!  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=28488
I think I can get the attachment that shows last nights info- stay tuned :0)

Post Reply Post Reply
Bug-eyed It worked, I got the attachment, would you mind giving it a once over? I value your opinions.

And, btw, you gotta laugh, it's mom, not dad - LOL!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry about that! Somehow, I got all mixed up and stuff.  Oh-jeez

It says male in the sidebar information.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
You're right, my son is male. I entered his info in there, I'm just doing the foot work since he's at school and has enough on his plate, he is in high school with one more year to go.

Just curious about what at your opinion is on the attachment? Any suggestions?
Thank you very much!!!

Thanks

Leila.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm far, far away from being qualified on reaching conclusions based on data attachments. But, there are plenty on here who are. 

You can rest assured that you are in very good hands on this here forum.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
The area around 23:20 with a cluster of events looks like a positional thing. Was your son lying down for the session? I ask because I think you'd mentioned him trying to get used to the PAP and mask by putting time in while sitting up. If this was him lying down, consider looking at his pillow(s). If there are multiple pillows or a thick one, it tends to bend the neck and can add to airway restrictions. If it is a positional pillow thing, maybe remove or replace with a flatter one if that is available. There is discussion as well on some that have higher positional apnea issues to wear a soft cervical collar. But let's try to make adjustments as is possible before we go there. Even so, maybe read up on it. I should have a link in the signature on this.

I noticed as well the machine did a flatline of pressure at 7 for a space of time about then too. I think in some way the 2 things are related.

Otherwise, hopefully things are continuing to trend towards positive vs negative. Is that your take so far that things are becoming more comfortable and better PAP use?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dave,
Thank you for your reply! 

When he wears it during the day, it's just the mask, no tubing or machine, just the mask so his face/brain can get used to it being a part of him. 

The OSCAR info is from last night when he was laying down, sleeping in bed. Funny you mention the soft C collar, I was just reading up on all the links in your signature earlier today. It makes sense, I did the chin to chest and the airway definitely gets restricted some. I also read the reviews on pillows, too. Whatever it takes to get my son some sleep, I'm all for it, he really needs to sleep well. 

I saw the flat line at a pressure of 7 too, and I didn't know what to think of it. I'll keep an eye on that and look for a pattern and see if I can figure it out.

Yes! I think it's an improvement, he went from just over 1 hour Tuesday to only 30 minutes Wednesday, to 3 hours Thursday night. Woot woot!! Way-to-happy

Thank you for your time and your ideas, I truly appreciate your help. 
Leila.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 982 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 823 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 206 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 253 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Still Having Trouble with Sleeping CcReesezzzzz01 7 458 02-13-2024, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Not been sleeping well, just installed SD card and oscar, please help SleepyGrumpy 2 228 02-04-2024, 07:36 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.