Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to know if Humidifier doesn't work?
How to know if Humidifier doesn't work?
I have an Aircurve VAuto Bipap.  Last night I tried Auto Climate (with a heated hose) and also Manual with a settling up to 7 and it still doesn't feel like there is any humidity at all, even though the bin empties in about 6 hours.  I wake up about 8 times at night trying different masks and getting no real sleep at all.  It's getting really bad and it's making me crazy and anxious and making my blood pressure go up a lot. Doctor says heart is ok - just relax - but you can't relax when you can't breathe or sleep at night.

If I take the machine to the DME they will just probably look at it and say it's working because the water bin empties and the AHIs are under 7 which is bizarre because the quality of my sleep is zero.  I just feel so hopeless.  Thanks for listening.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to know if Humidifier doesn't work?
The heater in mine failed after 2 months
After turning it off pull the water tank and feel the metal plate on the machine.
If its hot to the touch its ok.  If just warm or cold then its bad and needs replaced.
My tank also emptied during the night  But was just warm.

Ken
Post Reply Post Reply
If the bin empties, it is working.  It is not intended to make the air moist like in a sauna.  Depending on your current local humidity, the warming plate might not get all warm.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your humidifier is working...how is your leak rate?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2018, 06:19 PM)bluemom51 Wrote: ...If I take the machine to the DME they will just probably look at it and say it's working because the water bin empties and the AHIs are under 7 which is bizarre because the quality of my sleep is zero.  I just feel so hopeless.  Thanks for listening.

Did you get setup with a room humidifier? (from your thread yesterday on this topic)  Did it help?

If so, and it didn't help, then it may be a good idea to take your machine to the DME and tell them the problem that you are having.

If your local area is having unusually dry conditions, then you probably aren't the only person having trouble.

Your DME may have a good suggestion for you, or they may look at the machine and find that there is a problem. It is worth asking them. They may be able to offer a solution to the problem you've been having. (and Goodness knows you need some sleep)

[but Sleeprider's question about leak rate is probably your answer -- check that first!]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 90 44 minutes ago
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 198 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 763 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 625 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 353 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,160 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.