Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to know if Resmed Airsense 11 is brand new?
How to know if Resmed Airsense 11 is brand new?
New CPAP user here. I am supposed to pick up a Resmed Airsense 11 from the DME tomorrow morning, but my understanding is the DME may try to give me a used machine if I'm not careful.

I read in the Wiki (and of course I can't find it now) that there are two different settings I ought to be able to check to make sure the machine isn't used. One setting can be surreptitiously reset by the DME, but the other can't, so I ought to be checking both.

Can anyone point me to resources on how to identify and access those two settings on the Resmed Airsense 11? I can't seem to locate it on my own and appreciate any help.

-LordHelmet
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to know if Resmed Airsense 11 is brand new?
In the about menu in the clinician menu. Hold 2 fingers on the screen for several seconds. You should see 0 hours, maybe one if it was setup ahead of time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Run hours is not resettable. User hours can be reset. Plug in the machine and use this procedure to get to the Clinical Menu and About, then look for Run-Hours. https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to you both for these replies. I was able to check following your advice and feel confident my new machine is actually new.

Now onto my first night with CPAP. Cheers.

-LordHelmet
Post Reply Post Reply
After finding run hours of 150 on my 'NEW' machine I called and asked about it. Evidently they can sell  used machines that have less than some number of hours on them.
Post Reply Post Reply
To me, it is undesirable to trash a perfectly serviceable machine that can help a person to sleep well for five years, even if it gets to that person every slightly used.  We're talking a whopping 1.3% of its expected life cycle.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think anyone wants serviceable machines "trashed" - or at least, I don't. But I also don't want to be lied to by the DME. If they simply disclosed up front if a machine was new or used we could make our own informed choice about which we prefer, whatever our reasons. I believe we have a right to that as patients. Unfortunately, we're put in the position of having to defensively do a lot of legwork to be able to make that choice. That is not right.

-LordHelmet
Post Reply Post Reply
When I received my "new" ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet, it had 52 hours on it. 

I didn't find that out though, until after I became a member on here and was told how to go about verifying it.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your cpap is covered by insurance and the DME sells you even a "slightly" used machine but charges the insurance for a new machine is that not insurance fraud by the DME?

Even big box stores discount "open box" and "display" models.  Too bad an extension of our health system can't be that transparent. 

No need to trash it. Just don't be shady, let folks decide if they want new, charge less for used.

Shady racket.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,401 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 131 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,959 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 134 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 68,148 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 27,581 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 281 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.