Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to know when you no longer need it
RE: How to know when you no longer need it
In ResScan click on the toolbar option "Detailed Graphs" for a current date and upload a screenshot of what it shows. In particular it would be nice to see your flow restriction graph along with the pressure changes that the S9 is making to handle any restrictions.

Post the link and I'll bring it here as before if need be.

Later you will be able to post pics yourself but I think it is activated after you make your first 8 posts or something like that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did anyone notice the leaks??>

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
As Payton observed, your leak numbers are not good. You cannot really trust the results when they are that high.

Also I notice the machine thinks you should be at 10 most of the time. If your min is 8, then the machine would not be going to 10 unless it determined it needed to do that. .....also given the leak numbers could be screwing with it's brains.

Post Reply Post Reply
Except for two times, I don't see that the leaks were bad enough to skew the data. The 95th percentile indices shows them to be well below the 24 L/min line, except for those two times. The max leak indices that occur are all in the 5% area and can normally be disregarded since they have a short duration and are likely caused by removing the mask while the machine is still running.

The more important data to me is the pressure that the S9 has been delivering. It looks to be consistently above 8cm and often at 10 cm. and above. Given that he indicated in his first post that the he set the pressure to 7 ~ 14, that makes me think he is benefiting from the machine therapy and would be unwise to stop using it. Granted his AHI is wonderfully low but I consider that as more proof that the S9 is doing a great job of controlling his airway obstructions.

Would that he posted an actual daily graph so a more detailed reading could be seen. Perhaps he will return and do so.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is one sure fire way to know you don't need PAP therapy anymore. When you see them closing the lid on your silk lined box, and your machine isn't in there with you.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I look at your leak history, I see that unwanted leakage (above that red line at the 24 mark) occurs for about half of the nights shown in the image. My understanding is that's enough leakage to mess up other data reported by the machine. If I saw this on my own printout, I would conclude that I needed to get the leaks under control before I took the other data as being accurate. I'd want to reduce leaks and then look at all the data again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2014, 09:49 AM)surferdude2 Wrote: Except for two times, I don't see that the leaks were bad enough to skew the data. The 95th percentile indices shows them to be well below the 24 L/min line, except for those two times. The max leak indices that occur are all in the 5% area and can normally be disregarded since they have a short duration and are likely caused by removing the mask while the machine is still running.

The more important data to me is the pressure that the S9 has been delivering. It looks to be consistently above 8cm and often at 10 cm. and above. Given that he indicated in his first post that the he set the pressure to 7 ~ 14, that makes me think he is benefiting from the machine therapy and would be unwise to stop using it. Granted his AHI is wonderfully low but I consider that as more proof that the S9 is doing a great job of controlling his airway obstructions.

Would that he posted an actual daily graph so a more detailed reading could be seen. Perhaps he will return and do so.

I am apparently not reading that leak graph the same way you are. It looks more serious to me than what you are seeing but then again I am having some problem matching up the color codes.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2014, 09:49 AM)surferdude2 Wrote: Except for two times, I don't see that the leaks were bad enough to skew the data. The 95th percentile indices shows them to be well below the 24 L/min line, except for those two times. The max leak indices that occur are all in the 5% area and can normally be disregarded since they have a short duration and are likely caused by removing the mask while the machine is still running.

I agree 100% with the leak analysis. 2 nights where it was bad. The others fine. I think the original post stated incorrect autoset values. The low setting is clearly 10, not 7.

My DME has a hissy-fit when I change the machine configuration without an Rx from the sleep center. What I do is phone the nurse-practitioner, tell her my AHI is well below 1 per hour, and that I want to back off the pressure again. Please FAX over a new Rx to the DME so they don't get P*ssed at us. I'm doing this very slowly.

What I would do is slowly back down the lower bound pressure number from 10 cm H2O and collect the data. I'd try 9 for at least 2 weeks. If AHI doesn't increase and the AutoSet doesn't kick the machine up below the base setting very often, then try 8. .... If you back it all the way down to the minimum setting of 4 and still are seeing a very low AHI and the AutoSet rarely bumping the pressure setting up, you might start looking around for somebody with the equipment to do a home sleep study to see if you need the machine at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the leaks aren't an issue except for those two occurrences. The leaks shown that are above the 24L/Min line are likely caused by removing the mask while it was still pressurized. They would be of short duration and can be ignored. He may very well be able to stop using his CPAP machine but we won't be able to advise him accurately until he gives better data.

[Image: 343kpcj.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='rbclark68' pid='91503' dateline='1416533984']
For some reason I just cant fall asleep at a sleep study so a lot of my 10 years with CPAP have been by trial and error. Currently using the S9 set at 7-14 full ERP.

If you were not able to fall asleep at a sleep study, how were you initially diagnosed with sleep apnea?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  F20 Touch (foam) cushion --Longer Use and Larger Leaks snorin2 18 1,938 09-26-2023, 03:09 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Pilot-24 no longer recognizes CPAP DanDV 1 598 08-20-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,484 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Help refining settings for longer sleep sleepnomore 0 355 02-24-2023, 09:26 AM
Last Post: sleepnomore
  Does your REM get longer each sleep cycle? fishfinderG 2 710 10-29-2022, 10:34 PM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  Need longer hose for Airsense 11 Jasper.1 3 1,195 03-21-2022, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Jasper.1
  AirSense 10 no longer detects heated hose tanker 6 1,566 03-15-2022, 07:40 PM
Last Post: tanker

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.