Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to make the best of it?
RE: How to make the best of it?
(11-12-2019, 09:13 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Closest to being rested seems like it's missing the mark a bit. AHI still above 5, barely, but it's not actually treated yet.

Exactly. 
In fact the data my Dr had was missing the latest 2-3 weeks - so the average AHI he was reading was 13.5, and I told him clearly that I was not rested, did not feel any better than before the treatment started 10 weeks ago. His prescription was to continue as-is, drop the constant pressure from 6.0 to 5.0, and wait and see.

As discussed in another thread, because the 13.5 average was mostly CA events ~ 10 or so, he does not really count the CA at that level (He says to "ignore CA up to about 10/hr"), despite my concern about higher clusters. As long as OA events are near zero, he was satisfied. He didn't say "you are treated", but he seemed unconcerned and didn't expect I'd need another appointment for a year. Don't get me wrong - he is very friendly and professional, but I'm concerned he doesn't take central apnea as seriously as obstructive.

So anyway, I'm currently left hoping that the CA clusters go away "naturally" with good sleep hygene, because there's no indication I'll be going to a more advanced machine in the near term.

-S-
Post Reply Post Reply
Schlaer, I'd like to recommend that we merge your two threads. Both are now discussing the same problem. You need to move forward in your therapy to a titration study for bilevel with an ASV endpoint, and you will probably need a new doctor to get there. Fortunately you have your sleep study results.

Please let me know if you're okay with merging the two threads with the new title "Optimizing CPAP Therapy For Residual Central Apnea"
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2019, 08:20 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Schlaer, I'd like to recommend that we merge your two threads. Both are now discussing the same problem.  You need to move forward in your therapy to a titration study for bilevel with an ASV endpoint, and you will probably need a new doctor to get there. Fortunately you have your sleep study results.

Please let me know if you're okay with merging the two threads with the new title "Optimizing CPAP Therapy For Residual Central Apnea"

Of course, certainly - thanks!

I thought it would be possible to post the generic question without it being specific to my personal history, but in the end people likely want more context anyway.
-S-
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 570 3 hours ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Not sure what to make of my OSCAR data Machinist 3 214 03-10-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Machinist
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 353 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
Idea Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more Hydrangea 47 6,412 01-13-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: her.suit
Exclaimation SSRI's Can Make it Worse.. AlaskanJaeger 3 561 12-17-2023, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredpanda
  Can you make anything of my home test results? vanillagorilla 2 390 12-04-2023, 11:12 PM
Last Post: vanillagorilla
  Being overweight - make a big difference? p123 6 1,828 11-03-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Cpapian

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.