Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to make the best of it?
RE: How to make the best of it?
There is no certainty but w the EPR set to 3 and w the events scattered across the night some what randomly it is what I have seen that usually indicates treatment-emergent.

If there are pre existing Centrals of number I may not be able reduce them as much as I would like but an EPR if 3 should not be the initial setting for someone with preexisting centrals.
Either way this is the best shot at significantly reducing the Centrals
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Either way this is the best shot at significantly reducing the Centrals

Agreed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2019, 09:45 PM)Dormeo Wrote: Schlafer, you can change your settings yourself, even if you are locked out.  How would you feel about doing that?  More information here:

/adjust-cpap-pressure/change-cpap-pressure-settings-adjusting-your-machine-with-a-clinician-setup-manual

Hey yeah - 
I did spot the great tips on how to get at the settings, and will likely use those in the future when I have my own device. Right now, it's being remote controlled by the provider/doctors as part of some regimented treatment process. Even if I changed it, they might just change it back - or say I messed up the routine. I'm pretty sure I need to stick to asking them to make adjustments at their discretion for now. 
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Epr is considered for patient comfort so they should not complain if you turn it off but we are happy with your choice either way
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-08-2019, 04:35 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: Epr is considered for patient comfort so they should not complain if you turn it off but we are happy with your choice either way

And just so I'm clear, lowering the EPR from 3 to 1, or even 0 will make it less comfortable (need to exhale against the full pressure)?
I'll update if I can get that changed, or my sleep studies.
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to be clear, lowering the EPR from 3 to 1, or even 0 will likely reduce both your overall AHI and your CAI (CentralApnea Index) and therefore interrupt your sleep less through the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update for the thread:
- I just got and attaching a copy of my original sleep study, prior to any treatment, with an AHI of 69.9, RDI = 74.9 and O2 levels as low as 67%  Thinking-about
- Also attaching some more current stats, after 10 week of CPAP, with AHI closer now to 6 or 7, but still with periodic clusters of CA events as high as 20-40/hr
- I also had a recent titration study, but report is not available yet. Verbally, they said the AHI was 0.3....which is odd since I've never been that low at home.

Thanks!
S

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Real simple. In your case central apnea was present at a rate of 10.4 with mixed apnre at 4.4 and hypopnea over 30. Obstructive apnea was 25.4 per hour. You may have obstructive apnea as a component of your sleep disrdered breathing, but this test shows complex sleep apnea before treatment, and the centrals may not or may not respond to CPAP. It is clear that CPAP has resolved all of the obstructive apnea, and most of the hypopnea and central events, but we won't know if CPAP is your solution until you stop using EPR.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2019, 07:39 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Real simple. In your case central apnea was present at a rate of 10.4 with mixed apnre at 4.4 and hypopnea over 30. Obstructive apnea was 25.4 per hour.  You may have obstructive apnea as a component of your sleep disrdered breathing, but this test shows complex sleep apnea before treatment, and the centrals may not or may not respond to CPAP.  It is clear that CPAP has resolved all of the obstructive apnea, and most of the hypopnea and central events, but we won't know if CPAP is your solution until you stop using EPR.

Hi Sleeprider,

Thanks to you & all for the quick review and responses - some which I won't fully understand until I read more.
However, I can say that based on advice here, I asked my provider to remove the EPR entirely a couple weeks ago. It's been zero since Oct 31st, with a constant pressure of 6.0. I can't say I see or feel any difference yet, other than this morning which the closest I can recall to being "rested".

Thanks,
-S-
Post Reply Post Reply
Closest to being rested seems like it's missing the mark a bit. AHI still above 5, barely, but it's not actually treated yet.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 559 1 hour ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Not sure what to make of my OSCAR data Machinist 3 214 03-10-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Machinist
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 353 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
Idea Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more Hydrangea 47 6,412 01-13-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: her.suit
Exclaimation SSRI's Can Make it Worse.. AlaskanJaeger 3 560 12-17-2023, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredpanda
  Can you make anything of my home test results? vanillagorilla 2 390 12-04-2023, 11:12 PM
Last Post: vanillagorilla
  Being overweight - make a big difference? p123 6 1,828 11-03-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Cpapian

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.