Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to optimize the setting of Auto BiPaP? (PR DreamStation 700)
How to optimize the setting of Auto BiPaP? (PR DreamStation 700)
I confirmed OSA(RDI: 35) through PSG test. So I bought a PR DreamStation 700(Auto BiPaP). But it doesn't seem to work very well.

How to optimize the setting of Auto BiPaP? 

my settings:
Mode: Auto Bi Level with Bi Flex
Min EPAP: 6.0 
Max IPAP: 25.0 
PS: 4.0-4.0 (range)
A-Flex: On

[attachment=11415]

I would appreciate it if anyone could give me some advice. (and Sorry, my English is not very good.)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to optimize the setting of Auto BiPaP? (PR DreamStation 700)
Welcome to the forum.

50% of your AHI is Central Apnea.  Your Auto BiPap is not designed to treat Centrals.  Your Obstructive is also too high.

Increasing Pressure will typically increase Central Apneas.  Increasing PS (Pressure Support) will typically increase Central Apneas.

Your PS is currently set to 4 (PS = 4) I'm going to suggest reducing PS to 1 (PS = 1) to try to minimize the CA.  This may increase your Obstructive elements.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to optimize the setting of Auto BiPaP? (PR DreamStation 700)
I don't usually disagree with Fred, but I'm going a different direction. Please consider using the following settings:
EPAP min 8.0
PS min 2.0
PS max 3.0
IPAP max 14.0

The OA events in your current chart are from the exhale pressure being too low (4.0) and it seems to greatly improve in the range of 7-8 cm. I think most of your CA events are due to sleep disruption and not being accustomed to the therapy. I am suggesting a reduction of the pressure support (difference between IPAP and EPAP), but I think you will be more comfortable in the suggested range of 2-3. At this point I don't see any need for pressure above 14/11, so that is the basis for the maximum pressure. I assume you are using BiFlex, and I suspect at a setting of 3. Please turn it down to 1 or 2.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 160 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,206 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Recommendations to optimize settings roost 8 627 03-06-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: roost
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 861 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 585 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 382 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.