Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to overcome if you breath with mouth and nose same time when wear mask
RE: How to overcome if you breath with mouth and nose same time when wear mask
Hello everyone,

My mom is using nasal mask. the events are pretty normal now. Will the machine still be able to detect high apnea events if she supposed to use full mask (which allow her to breath through mouth/nose) but instead using nasal mask. I just want to make sure whether nasal mask actually do helping her.

thanks again if the confusion.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2018, 11:19 PM)luckydxx Wrote: Hello everyone,

My mom is using nasal mask. the events are pretty normal now. Will the machine still be able to detect high apnea events if she supposed to use full mask (which allow her to breath through mouth/nose) but instead using nasal mask. I just want to make sure whether nasal mask actually do helping her.

thanks again if the confusion.

As long as the leaks recorded by the machine is less than 24l/m for most of the time treatment will be fine. If the leaks are excessive it will affect treatment. Charts will show you the leaks being experienced. Less than 5% Large Leak is fine more than that needs investigation in my opinion.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine has a setting for the mask type. Setting that to the correct value will produce better data, but the machine will normally function correctly either way. The options are Full-Face, Nasal and Pillows. This is found in the therapy settings menu. See this link to learn how to access that menu: https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 2 80 11 minutes ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,731 11 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 4 186 03-16-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 8 130 03-14-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 0 89 03-13-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 155 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 546 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.