Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to properly end a CPAP session?
RE: How to properly end a CPAP session?
(03-02-2018, 12:27 AM)Sheepish Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 03:51 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: I use the manual on/off button, too.  It reminds me of the days I used to push a snooze button on my alarm clock!

I take the mask entirely off of me when I get up to go use the restroom (or whatever).

Same here. I autostart but I hit the latter-day snooze button to turn it off manually.

Don't know why, but I sort of hold my breath for the second or two between powering off the machine and removing the mask in the morning. Dont-know

For the occasional nocturia Dancing , which has all but been eliminated since starting CPAP, if the mask has a quick release mechanism, I'll use that; otherwise, for example with the P10, I'll disconnect the small hose from the main hose's rubber end using the "breaking bread" move and then dance the Snuffleupagus Shuffle over to the loo with my dangling hose. Big Grin

Thanks, Hydra.  I'm going to use that disconnect method from now on.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2018, 12:27 AM)Sheepish Wrote: ...

Don't know why, but I sort of hold my breath for the second or two between powering off the machine and removing the mask in the morning. Dont-know

You prolly discovered what I did: that if you exhale after hitting the snooze button and haven't gotten the mask off yet, the frisky puppy will start blowing again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2018, 06:57 PM)grokJim Wrote: Thanks Walla.  I am using SH but it still has mysteries for me.  For example my Leak Rate chart shows a verticle axis of 0-40.  Is that percent?

If you look under File - Preferences - CPAP you will see the parameters of your leak detection. Mine is set at the standard 24 Liters/Minute.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 234 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  [Equipment] Dreamstation 2 session tracking hillie16 3 493 12-04-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
Sad Unable to get my BiPap treatment even started properly FrustratedSleeper 6 476 11-18-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Resmed S-10 Can I use mask fit without starting a session JoeyL 7 895 08-16-2022, 05:27 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  [CPAP] Resmed 10 Vpap doesnt properly record sleep data elijah1223 7 1,136 01-28-2022, 11:37 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Understanding leak data + session order Benzi 0 578 03-10-2021, 03:27 AM
Last Post: Benzi
  DreamStation Humidifier Functioning Properly? khw210 5 1,189 02-12-2021, 05:53 PM
Last Post: khw210

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.