Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to properly end a CPAP session?
RE: How to properly end a CPAP session?
(03-01-2018, 04:31 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 04:28 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Delete MyAir problem solved.

Dielaughing Lolabove Too-funny

That beats my answer. I'll be in the corner with my coffee.

lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Absolutely.
I was commenting on some of my wife's sessions only being a couple of hours when I know she sleeps during the day too.

She was not using her machine when she naps because she didn't want to get dinged for removing her mask :facepalm:
I reminded her that she gets a LOT more points for time than she does for mask on/off.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
My air does have it's uses.

You only loose a maxium of 5 pts for disconnects and that only kicks in after 3. You can get up once in the middle and it doesn't count against you.

So even if you take a nap no biggie.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2018, 03:51 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: I use the manual on/off button, too.  It reminds me of the days I used to push a snooze button on my alarm clock!

I take the mask entirely off of me when I get up to go use the restroom (or whatever).

Same here. I autostart but I hit the latter-day snooze button to turn it off manually.

Don't know why, but I sort of hold my breath for the second or two between powering off the machine and removing the mask in the morning. Dont-know

For the occasional nocturia Dancing , which has all but been eliminated since starting CPAP, if the mask has a quick release mechanism, I'll use that; otherwise, for example with the P10, I'll disconnect the small hose from the main hose's rubber end using the "breaking bread" move and then dance the Snuffleupagus Shuffle over to the loo with my dangling hose. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2018, 12:08 AM)dracus Wrote: My air does have it's uses.

You only loose a maxium of 5 pts for disconnects and that only kicks in after 3. You can get up once in the middle and it doesn't count against you.

So even if you take a nap no biggie.

They used to ding you a point each time.  The permitted 2 or 3 started only a couple of months ago.
At the same time, they screwed up something in how they read the data, if you sleep past noon it will record 2 mask on/off even if you didn't remove it.

But still... even being dinged all 5 points for naps is better than being dinged 40 points because you took four 1-hour naps but only slept 3 hours continuously on the machine so your score was only 30...  not to mention what happens to your compliance data.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2018, 08:25 AM)CB91710 Wrote: At the same time, they screwed up something in how they read the data, if you sleep past noon it will record 2 mask on/off even if you didn't remove it.  
As far as I can remember, ResMed has always considered 12:00 p.m. to be the start of a new day. Anecdotally, I heard the practice coincided with Hospital discharge protocols and equipment billing. 
Anyone on shift-work or who is a night-owl is well aware of the practice. You think that they would have learned to automatically handle this in ResSScan like they do in #Sleepyhead.  You can always adjust your clock to compensate if you wish.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Most people find out later on on forums or when they phone in.  They don't believe in telling you when you pick up the machine, but then how many ask what you d for a living?
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I shifted my clock back 3 hours because I goto bed between 6-8am.

I lost several days of compliance because of the noon shutoff. Not to mention having every single night split in two.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2018, 04:23 PM)dracus Wrote: I shifted my clock back 3 hours because I goto bed between 6-8am.

I lost several days of compliance because of the noon shutoff. Not to mention having every single night split in two.

Might I suggest that you "CYA" by sending a letter to your DME with a copy to your doctor that memorializes the loss of compliance days and the fact that you shifted your clock? This provides you with a fallback position if anyone questions your compliance or sleep patterns. If you want to sneak your letter into the records -- fax it with a cover letter saying "Please add it to my records." Most clerks simply file the letter and it is buried in the sands of time until you need it.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2018, 04:28 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I wouldn't worry about it. Use the Auto stop if you want. Delete MyAir problem solved. Use sleepyhead and pay attention to the 95% leak rate and not the maximum leak rate. As long as you know the big leak at the end of the chart is you taking off the mask that's all that matters.

Thanks Walla.  I am using SH but it still has mysteries for me.  For example my Leak Rate chart shows a verticle axis of 0-40.  Is that percent?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 234 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  [Equipment] Dreamstation 2 session tracking hillie16 3 492 12-04-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
Sad Unable to get my BiPap treatment even started properly FrustratedSleeper 6 475 11-18-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Resmed S-10 Can I use mask fit without starting a session JoeyL 7 891 08-16-2022, 05:27 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  [CPAP] Resmed 10 Vpap doesnt properly record sleep data elijah1223 7 1,135 01-28-2022, 11:37 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Understanding leak data + session order Benzi 0 577 03-10-2021, 03:27 AM
Last Post: Benzi
  DreamStation Humidifier Functioning Properly? khw210 5 1,187 02-12-2021, 05:53 PM
Last Post: khw210

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.