Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to properly remove Oscar?
How to properly remove Oscar?
I was happily using Sleepyhead.
Then, without much warning, *gasp* my computer died.
Got a new computer. 
I had written a backup of important files to bring over to new computer.

Then I discovered that Sleepyhead was going away and found Oscar.

Sadly, during the initial install, I didn't see, notice or process the Do you want your sleepy head data question.
Maybe going too fast.

I created a profile in Oscar and then discovered that since I have the SH data (but not a backup), I do not have access to 5+ years of data.
I want the historical record.

No worries, I uninstalled Oscar.
Then I re-installed it, but no, no it is much too smart for that.  It never asked about SH data and knew I had a profile.
*sigh*

How do I completely remove Oscar (profile et al) so I can start a "new" clean install?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to properly remove Oscar?
Please see:
OSCAR Installation http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...stallation
Running OSCAR for the first time http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...first_time
Copying Sleepyhead data http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...yHead_data
Migrating Sleepyhead data http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...yHead_data
OSCAR Help http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...OSCAR_Help

To get a clean install of OSCAR, just delete the folder under My Documents, and use the Migrating Sleepyhead instructions before importing your data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've also had problems installing OSCAR and getting it to import SleepyHead data (Win7x64). I found that I also had to delete the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OSCAR_Team in order for it to treat it as a new install.

But I think there is a bug, as the import only seems to work if the data folder is not changed i.e. You must press the Yes button and save the data in the default folder. Doing that imports everything from SH, both CPAP and Oximetry data.

All I need to do now is move the data folder to where I want it ... Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2019, 10:49 AM)BenB Wrote: But I think there is a bug, as the import only seems to work if the data folder is not changed i.e. You must press the Yes button and save the data in the default folder. Doing that imports everything from SH, both CPAP and Oximetry data.

All I need to do now is move the data folder to where I want it ... Cool

We're aware of that problem and have fixed it for a future release.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there a better way of reporting bugs (e.g. Bugzilla), or should we just start a new thread with any issues we come across? I intend to abandon Windows and will make Debian my daily driver in the not too distant future, so I can imagine I may well stumble across a few issues along the way.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2019, 07:40 AM)BenB Wrote: Is there a better way of reporting bugs (e.g. Bugzilla), or should we just start a new thread with any issues we come across? I intend to abandon Windows and will make Debian my daily driver in the not too distant future, so I can imagine I may well stumble across a few issues along the way.

The best way to report a bug is to start a new thread with any issue you encounter.  That gives everyone a chance to talk about it, find out if there are other examples of the issue, and/or let you know if the problem is known and/or fixed.  If it's new to us, we'll create an issue in our bug tracker.  We do not at this time have a public interface to our issue tracking system and think that the forum, with its emphasis on user-to-user support, is the best first approach to problems.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, that sounds like a good plan.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 396 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Remove imported session from OSCAR? Cuppa 2 574 03-16-2023, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  Flow Limitations not scored properly in "S" mode? OSCAR 1.3.0 SleepyCPAP 6 913 01-13-2022, 10:45 PM
Last Post: SleepyCPAP
  (OSCAR) Bookmarks not using clock offset properly Ratchick 4 830 05-11-2021, 01:45 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
Question Any way to remove Oximetry drop outs? CopaMundial 1 589 02-01-2021, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR 1.1.1 Doesn't import for previous night properly jdip 5 1,235 07-05-2020, 10:07 PM
Last Post: jdip
  Remove OSCAR on Mac markus75 1 835 06-06-2019, 09:15 AM
Last Post: markus75

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.