How to protect yourself from deadly bacteria in hospitals doctor and dentist office
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

How to protect yourself from deadly bacteria in hospitals doctor and dentist office
http://fox8.com/2015/02/26/cdc-investiga...s-offices/

This is a current deadly issue involving CDC and they are investigating if this deadly bacteria is on chairs and examining tables in doctor and dentist office. This article also tells you things to do and ask when going to a doctor or dentist office.

I got sick in November and went to a doctor in December because I was not getting better from the treatment received in November. That doctor's office prescribed antibiotic which made me sick so I quit taking it after a few days. I am glad that I did and I recovered from being sick. It is doubtful the antibiotic would have helped with what I had anyway and rest, fluids seemed to do the trick over time. Too many practitioners are read to write that script for antibiotics rather than really treat what is in front of them. Same office and I mentioned that my leg looked puffy and I was told, yep, it does and that was it. Nothing about what to do about it, etc. The physical consisted of asking a whole lot of questions, some that were repeated, listening to my heart and sending me out the door with an order for lab work and fecal samples. Not the kind of physical I have gotten annually before. Pretty lousy as far as I am concerned.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2015 12:20 PM by me50.)
02-27-2015 12:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
OpalRose Offline

Monitors

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto 560 with A Flex
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 For Her
Humidifier: REMStar heated humidifier with heated hose
CPAP Pressure: Auto Cpap 10-13 AFLEX 1
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Started CPAP Therapy October 23, 2014

Sex: Female

RE: How to protect yourself from deadly bacteria in hospitals doctor and dentist office
(02-27-2015 12:10 PM)me50 Wrote:  http://fox8.com/2015/02/26/cdc-investiga...s-offices/

This is a current deadly issue involving CDC and they are investigating if this deadly bacteria is on chairs and examining tables in doctor and dentist office. This article also tells you things to do and ask when going to a doctor or dentist office.

I got sick in November and went to a doctor in December because I was not getting better from the treatment received in November. That doctor's office prescribed antibiotic which made me sick so I quit taking it after a few days. I am glad that I did and I recovered from being sick. It is doubtful the antibiotic would have helped with what I had anyway and rest, fluids seemed to do the trick over time. Too many practitioners are read to write that script for antibiotics rather than really treat what is in front of them. Same office and I mentioned that my leg looked puffy and I was told, yep, it does and that was it. Nothing about what to do about it, etc. The physical consisted of asking a whole lot of questions, some that were repeated, listening to my heart and sending me out the door with an order for lab work and fecal samples. Not the kind of physical I have gotten annually before. Pretty lousy as far as I am concerned.

Hi Me50,
Thanks for posting article. UGH, I live in Ohio, but am sure the problem is more widespread. I always carry with me a small bottle of hand sanitizer whenever I'm at the Doctors office. Unsure
The worse place is having to be in a hospital for a few days. That will really open yours eyes up as to how "unclean" it is.
OpalRose

OpalRose
02-27-2015 05:34 PM
Crimson Nape Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: P-10 / F&P Simplus / DreamWear
Humidifier: H5i w/Climateline
CPAP Pressure: 8 - EPR 3
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: CMS-50F & 50IW

Sex: Male

RE: How to protect yourself from deadly bacteria in hospitals doctor and dentist office
(02-27-2015 05:34 PM)OpalRose Wrote:  I always carry with me a small bottle of hand sanitizer whenever I'm at the Doctors office. Unsure

CDC reported that the strain of bacteria currently causing problems is not affected by hand sanitizer and they are recommending that a patient wash their hands prior to leaving the medical office.

Statistics prove that people who have more birthdays live longer.
02-27-2015 06:32 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
archangle Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

(02-27-2015 06:32 PM)sgearhart Wrote:  
(02-27-2015 05:34 PM)OpalRose Wrote:  I always carry with me a small bottle of hand sanitizer whenever I'm at the Doctors office. Unsure

CDC reported that the strain of bacteria currently causing problems is not affected by hand sanitizer and they are recommending that a patient wash their hands prior to leaving the medical office.

Good point. I think I read somewhere that a good soap and water wash works better than the waterless hand sanitizers anyway.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
02-27-2015 11:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Angry Rate your doctor Phill 21 1,223 04-27-2016 01:27 AM
Last Post: dawoodsman
  So what ever happened to the Post Office justMongo 17 1,035 12-20-2015 07:28 PM
Last Post: justMongo
Question MS Office -- cannot open older files justMongo 11 2,029 11-22-2014 12:17 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Help, Office 2013 Pro stopped working justMongo 10 1,850 07-11-2014 01:56 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Up on Windows 7 w office 2013 justMongo 9 1,649 05-18-2014 09:57 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [News] MEDICAL DEVICE COMPANIES SUFFER DEADLY OBAMACARE TAX ApneaNews 5 3,007 02-05-2013 03:54 PM
Last Post: Shastzi