Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to protect yourself from deadly bacteria in hospitals doctor and dentist office
http://fox8.com/2015/02/26/cdc-investiga...s-offices/

This is a current deadly issue involving CDC and they are investigating if this deadly bacteria is on chairs and examining tables in doctor and dentist office. This article also tells you things to do and ask when going to a doctor or dentist office.

I got sick in November and went to a doctor in December because I was not getting better from the treatment received in November. That doctor's office prescribed antibiotic which made me sick so I quit taking it after a few days. I am glad that I did and I recovered from being sick. It is doubtful the antibiotic would have helped with what I had anyway and rest, fluids seemed to do the trick over time. Too many practitioners are read to write that script for antibiotics rather than really treat what is in front of them. Same office and I mentioned that my leg looked puffy and I was told, yep, it does and that was it. Nothing about what to do about it, etc. The physical consisted of asking a whole lot of questions, some that were repeated, listening to my heart and sending me out the door with an order for lab work and fecal samples. Not the kind of physical I have gotten annually before. Pretty lousy as far as I am concerned.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2015, 12:10 PM)me50 Wrote: http://fox8.com/2015/02/26/cdc-investiga...s-offices/

This is a current deadly issue involving CDC and they are investigating if this deadly bacteria is on chairs and examining tables in doctor and dentist office. This article also tells you things to do and ask when going to a doctor or dentist office.

I got sick in November and went to a doctor in December because I was not getting better from the treatment received in November. That doctor's office prescribed antibiotic which made me sick so I quit taking it after a few days. I am glad that I did and I recovered from being sick. It is doubtful the antibiotic would have helped with what I had anyway and rest, fluids seemed to do the trick over time. Too many practitioners are read to write that script for antibiotics rather than really treat what is in front of them. Same office and I mentioned that my leg looked puffy and I was told, yep, it does and that was it. Nothing about what to do about it, etc. The physical consisted of asking a whole lot of questions, some that were repeated, listening to my heart and sending me out the door with an order for lab work and fecal samples. Not the kind of physical I have gotten annually before. Pretty lousy as far as I am concerned.

Hi Me50,
Thanks for posting article. UGH, I live in Ohio, but am sure the problem is more widespread. I always carry with me a small bottle of hand sanitizer whenever I'm at the Doctors office. Unsure
The worse place is having to be in a hospital for a few days. That will really open yours eyes up as to how "unclean" it is.
OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2015, 05:34 PM)OpalRose Wrote: I always carry with me a small bottle of hand sanitizer whenever I'm at the Doctors office. Unsure

CDC reported that the strain of bacteria currently causing problems is not affected by hand sanitizer and they are recommending that a patient wash their hands prior to leaving the medical office.
Post Reply Post Reply

(02-27-2015, 06:32 PM)sgearhart Wrote:
(02-27-2015, 05:34 PM)OpalRose Wrote: I always carry with me a small bottle of hand sanitizer whenever I'm at the Doctors office. Unsure

CDC reported that the strain of bacteria currently causing problems is not affected by hand sanitizer and they are recommending that a patient wash their hands prior to leaving the medical office.

Good point. I think I read somewhere that a good soap and water wash works better than the waterless hand sanitizers anyway.
Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question What's up with Post Office tracking justMongo 4 212 05-24-2017, 09:33 PM
Last Post: DMR1
Angry Rate your doctor Phill 21 1,503 04-27-2016, 01:27 AM
Last Post: dawoodsman
  So what ever happened to the Post Office justMongo 17 1,307 12-20-2015, 07:28 PM
Last Post: justMongo
Question MS Office -- cannot open older files justMongo 11 2,254 11-22-2014, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Help, Office 2013 Pro stopped working justMongo 10 2,038 07-11-2014, 01:56 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Up on Windows 7 w office 2013 justMongo 9 1,769 05-18-2014, 09:57 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [News] MEDICAL DEVICE COMPANIES SUFFER DEADLY OBAMACARE TAX ApneaNews 5 3,135 02-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Shastzi