Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to quickly dry hose and tank after washing in bucket?
RE: How to quickly dry hose and tank after washing in bucket?
(08-29-2022, 11:08 PM)eddiememphis Wrote: I have used Camelbak products for 30 years and found a great way of drying the hoses when I don't have compressed air nearby. After washing the hydration hose, I spin it in a circle like a lasso. Then grasp the other end and do the same. Centripetal force causes the water droplets away from the axis- your hand.

I don't spin my PAP hose very hard or fast but it does the same thing. Wipe the ends where the drops accumulate and hang it.

Your sticky cables, shelves and remote are likely due to cooking grease. Without a massively powerful fan, tiny droplets of grease get everywhere, anytime you cook. If the cook is not diligent about cleaning after every meal, the grease will build up. That why I always recommend against a cooktop in an island. One batch of delicious fried chicken makes an enormous mess.

I am a home inspector and see it often in rental properties since they tend to lack pride of ownership.

Wow! I totally learned something new! Appreciate your input. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2022, 10:19 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Since you say you have had a sleep study, please post the results of that study here (with personal info redacted). That will provide some guidance on figuring out your settings.

Those seem to be factory default settings, which probably fit no one.

Try starting with Min EPAP of 6, max IPAP of 20, PS 4. After first night, import data into OSCAR, take a screenshot of daily page (see link to directions below), then post here for advice.

Arrrgh. I'm so lost with this thing! I got over all my fears and issues with washing and drying the stuff. So, I'm sitting in front of the TV and I tried to use the machine.

It went terribly. I only used it for 1-2 minutes. The best way I can describe it is that the air pressure feels sort of assaultive. Within the space of 1-2 minutes I felt light headed and had a sort of tingly feeling in my fingertips. A couple of times my airway closed down (this sometimes happens when I'm awake but very tired). I must have swallowed some air when that happened, because I ended up with air in my belly. I felt like crying ... and I stopped using it Sad 30 minutes later, I still feel sort of light headed (that's not the right word ... I don't know how to describe it).

I'm not convinced I don't have some weird anatomical issues that aren't playing into this. I can go into depth, but basically:
a) long term reflux (probably LPR or NPR)
b) ankylosing spondylitis. From the AS I have some bone growth in my neck that is pushing into my airway. I also have some chest/ribcage restriction. I went to a pulmonologist and she said the lung restriction wasn't too bad
c) deviated septum, which supposedly isn't terrible.

Some months back, I had a whole thread where I discussed those issues. One of the mods told me I needed an ASV. I purchased the machine and was considering self-treating, but I got scared and never used it.

I ended up getting a new two-night sleep study in February thru a knowledgable sleep doctor. She ended up recommending an Auto BIPAP and didn't think I needed an ASV. The new results were sort of bizarre, because I had both in home and in lab studies in 2018 that showed AHI over 30. Now the new study shows my AHI as much lower. The thing is that I wake up with a migraine every morning. If I sleep on my back that will bring on the migraine pretty quickly. The doc said we could treat by the symptoms, rather than the numbers.

Should I turn the pressure down and just try to get used to using it while watching tv? Maybe I'm just panicking because I'm not used to it? The pressure feels SO strong.

Attached Files
.pdf   Sleep Study Feb 2022 Pages 1 to 3.pdf (Size: 901.23 KB / Downloads: 2)
.pdf   Sleep Study Feb 2022 Pages 4 to 6.pdf (Size: 620.5 KB / Downloads: 2)
Post Reply Post Reply
I typically dry out my hose by standing on my porch and whipping it around wildly in a circle. Nothing gets the job done better than centripetal force  Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 641 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,559 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.