Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to quickly sync Wellue O2 Ring Readings from Android to OSCAR
RE: How to quickly sync Wellue O2 Ring Readings from Android to OSCAR
I'm having the same issue as John noted above:

I have tried this - but on my android phone in the VIHEALTH folder there are no files.

Yet the app does show data - so where is it stored..

I have set file manager to show hidden files..

I'm looking in SD card/Android/data/com.viatom.vihealth, but 
  • the Google Files app never loads this folder's contents,
  • Samsung's My Files app doesn't show this folder despite my enabling the setting to show hidden files, and
  • when I connect my phone to a PC, this directory shows as empty, despite the fact that the Vihealth app shows session data.
Could someone point me to what I'm missing?

Thanks so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
At one point, a version of ViHealth did not create these files, but that was several versions ago. Unless you view the sessions on your Android first, ViHealth will not create the files. All the data is stored in an SQL database. There is SQL scripting language available that will extract and create these files.

I see the path you posted above is missing the files directory. here is the complete path: Android/data/com.viatom.vihealth/files/ViHealth

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I'm running v2.74.26 of the Vihealth app on Android 12. To "view the sessions," I've tapped on the session in the history page of the Vihealth app to bring up the page with the oxygenation, pulse rate, and motion time lapse graphs, etc. Is that the proper procedure?

And I did misstate the Windows bit in my previous post—"This PC\David's Phone\SD card\Android\data\com.viatom.vihealth\files\com.viatom.vihealth" is empty when I try to view it on Windows.—But then again, all the directories on the SD card are showing as empty, so it's looking like there's maybe an Android setting somewhere that I need to change?

The Google Files app won't let me drill down farther than SD card\Android\data\com.viatom.vihealth\. And Samsung's My Files won't let me get farther than SD card\Android\data\.

I do currently have the SD card decrypted just to rule that out as a possible cause of the issue.

Thanks so much for any thoughts you may have.
Post Reply Post Reply
Instead of looking on the SD card, have you looked on the Android local directories? Also, look for the database file, PlusebitO2.db.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much. I was able to find PulsebitO2.db and get that over to my PC, but now I'm apparently missing something with the SQL script. I've tried opening the database in DB Browser for SQLite, and dropping the following into the Execute SQL box.

for filename in `sqlite3 ./PlusebitO2.db 'select mFileName from sleepData'`; do echo $filename; (sqlite3 PlusebitO2.db "select quote(dataBuf) from sleepData where mFileName = '$filename'" | cut -d\' -f2 | xxd -r -p > $filename); done

But I'm getting errors on each of the initial terms, e.g.,

Execution finished with errors.

Result: near "for": syntax error
At line 1:
for

Could I trouble you for some help as to what I'm missing here as well?

Thank you, again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try running the script from a terminal screen instead of the DB Browser app. Be sure you are in the directory where the PlusebitO2.db resides. You may wish to check if the SQL path was added to the user path too. Of course, you will know about that when you issue a command and your PC sez, "Huh?"

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I still haven't gotten the SQL script to work, but now that I've found the proper directory, it did make sense what's mentioned above about the location of the binary files. So, I've now got those pulling over to where I can easily bring them into OSCAR.

Thanks again so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
My ViHealth Android app just received a major update to v2.74.39. When I opened the app for the first time after the update, I was asked if I wanted to delete all my prior O2 ring data or upload it to my ViHealth account. So, I chose to upload the prior data.

Last night's O2 ring data then synced to the app. But no new binary files were created under 

Code:
com.viatom.vihealth\files

Instead, last night's binaries were created under 

Code:
com.viatom.vihealth\files\20\host
(without the "O2Ring_" prefix in the filename and with a DAT extension)

OSCAR 1.4.0 doesn't recognize this file naming format for Wellue data. So, it wouldn't import last night's binaries. But renaming these binaries to the naming convention ViHealth used before the update still allows OSCAR import (thus, e.g., "20221216220109.dat" should become "O2Ring_20221216220109").

If you're on Windows and have a directory where you only store ViHealth binaries, you can open that directory in a command prompt and run the following command to convert the all files with the new name format into naming scheme OSCAR 1.4.0 will recognize and allow to be imported.

Code:
forfiles /m *.dat /c "cmd /c rename @file O2Ring_@fname"

Note that this command will give you a "duplicate file name exists, or the file cannot be found" error if you have files already in the folder with the "O2Ring_" naming convention (e.g., from uploads you might have done before the ViHealth app update). And doubtless, the OSCAR developers will have an update out at some point that will allow OSCAR to recognize the new ViHealth naming convention.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2022, 09:16 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Depending on your Wellue software version, one of these two SQL scripts should work on your database.  You will need to verify your version's database name.

Thanks to sergio for initially providing the following file extraction script for anyone to use.
For a PulsebitO2.db:
Code:
for filename in `sqlite3 ./PlusebitO2.db 'select mFileName from sleepData'`; do echo $filename; (sqlite3 PlusebitO2.db "select quote(dataBuf) from sleepData where mFileName = '$filename'" | cut -d\' -f2 | xxd -r -p > $filename); done

Due to a Wellue software upgrade, Jeff8356 has provided the newer filenames.
For a db_o2.db:
Code:
filename in `sqlite3 ./db_o2.db 'select checktime from tb_check'`; do
echo $filename; (sqlite3 db_o2.db "select quote(checktime) from tb_check where checktime = '$filename'" | cut -d\' -f2 | xxd -r -p > $filename); done

I tried running the Pulsebit02.db one on my linux machine and get "Error: in prepare, no such table: sleepData".   I have one nights worth of data in the app and can view it just fine.  Is there any updated version?  I apologize for asking this same question in an old thread but had not found this one at that time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please advise what database name your app is using.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wellue data off since daylight savings change brainfoggysleeper 1 60 04-16-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 970 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 948 03-29-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: StuartC
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 188 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  OSCAR Export CSV Empty? Only Headers? Wellue/ViHealth PhadeL 0 255 03-05-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: PhadeL
  Caution: Wellue O2 Ring - Time Sync hybernate 9 1,458 03-04-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 345 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.