Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to read my new ASV Charts
RE: How to read my new ASV Charts
Thanks Dave,
Love the Forum Team!

Future Traces to follow. (without AHI +whichever others are most valuable)

July this year I bought from Help Medical Supplies. I'm a researcher, so I found them somehow; everyone else was in $4K Range
Great Service. ResMed Authorized.  855-435-7144
I'm not sure how I did it, but I got my new ResMed ASV machine from them for $2600, listed there today for $3500, but I think it was that "list" price then as well.
Call and ask, I guess I can be a reference (not that they know me lol)

I found one "low ball" place, then called ResMed to see if they were an authorized dealer and they were not!

Admin: Shall we put Help Medical Supplies on the supplier list?
Post Reply Post Reply
Rich, did you buy out of pocket, or did you get the machine as a result of prescription and have insurance reimbursement? It is increasingly common for people to go around the insurance to get the treatment they need sooner.

The procedure for a supplier to be added to the list is for Advisory Members to nominate them by posting about the supplier in the Advisory Forum and attaching a poll. Any Advisory Member or staff member can submit the nomination, and HelpMedicalSupplies has simply not come up yet. Your mention of them and use of the phone number is fine. They appear to be a supplier in business for 5-years located in New York City.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,
Yes, I purchased it out-of-pocket. 
I am sure the supplier needed an Rx, so that's why I worked to CONVINCE my Pulmonologist to diagnose me with CA and recommend an ASV Machine.  
I used all my FSA Money on that one purchase, then lost my job (meaning all the FSA Money was mine without repaying) I planned that because my job was scheduled to end sometime soon.  Because I knew I was leaving my job, I planned the out-of-pocket purchase.

I'm not sure how I would buy one legally without an Rx.

The OSCAR charts I had were EVERYTHING for ME to keep pushing. 
The Doctor just ignored the charts and looked at "their" charts.
I got a Sleep Study authorized by Insurance. But the first Sleep Study was a baseline not an ASV Titration. (even being on CPAP for 15+ years)
The Doc ordered a Second Sleep Study to titrate the ASV.

The second Sleep Study recommended the ASV Machine.
The Doc said he would give me an Rx regardless of the Second Sleep study because I was so insistent holding onto my OSCAR Charts.
Eventually the Doctor asked me how I got such good charts to diagnose myself.

Checkout my OSCAR Chart from the BiPap showing Central Apnea! Very Obvious.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm I think we ran out of purple flags. That is what I call Central trainwreck.

OK seriously, I'm glad you got the ASV. If you needed proof of that, here it is. It's almost a surprise the doc agreed you need ASV. Most are really clueless about anything beyond Obstructive Apnea, and then they freeze, leaving you with nothing, no support. Chalk up a win for OSCAR and yourself.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rich, thank you so much for your candid and helpful post discussing how you came to ASV. I really appreciate it, and think that is representative of so many other members I have coached that clearly needed ASV. I need to bookmark this and refer others to see it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-09-2021, 03:15 PM)richdreher Wrote: Thanks Dave,
Love the Forum Team!

Future Traces to follow. (without AHI +whichever others are most valuable)

July this year I bought from Help Medical Supplies. I'm a researcher, so I found them somehow; everyone else was in $4K Range
Great Service. ResMed Authorized.  855-435-7144
I'm not sure how I did it, but I got my new ResMed ASV machine from them for $2600, listed there today for $3500, but I think it was that "list" price then as well.
Call and ask, I guess I can be a reference (not that they know me lol)

I found one "low ball" place, then called ResMed to see if they were an authorized dealer and they were not!

Admin: Shall we put Help Medical Supplies on the supplier list?

Thanks Rich!  I really appreciate it!
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, Sleeprider,
My first AHI Score less than 1.0 - We must be doing something right!
Raised EPAP
Lowered Max PS

Success all around, let's see how many days/week I can keep this up!
Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
The pressure support is remarkably quiet once past the initial sleep transition at 22:00. Looks great! Which collar did you settle on?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
This night was without a collar. 
I have a nice collar from Walgreens. This night, I think I avoided sleeping on my back.

I did breathe a "push back" a few times as I remember at the beginning.

The one big change here was the EPAP from 4 -> 5

I will post oddities as I get them. This past night is almost too good to be true.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Rich,

Thank you so much for the recommendation of Help Medical, awesome people.  I received my new Resmed 10 
ASV from them two days ago and my CA's have dropped consistently to under 4, so awesome!  They will walk you through a very easy process to purchase the machine.  I will post some Oscar screenshots tomorrow.  The only issue I have noticed is my snoring has increased.  But, the point is Thankyou for helping me out!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,096 Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 123 Yesterday, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 164 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 198 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 406 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,166 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Some Oscar Charts from me Dataporter 3 285 01-28-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.