Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to read my new ASV Charts
RE: How to read my new ASV Charts
Therapy looks good, and you're certainly within the "break-in" period. Not for the machine, for you! It does take some getting used to. Therapy started off with some hypopnea, which may not be entirely real. You have a high respiratory volume as you mask-up. That is normal, but it causes the machine to target a higher minute vent until it learns the lower "normal" respiratory flow. At 00:50 to 01:00 you got hit with maximum PS. This is where you need to assertively take control by blowing back. This is just showing you are in control of breathing and the PS will rapidly settle down. When you see this pattern, the machine is in the driver's seat for setting respiratory pace and volume.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ron,
I'm not sure how the Forum Rules are for referencing where I got it.
I looked on the Supplier List and they are not there - I think I'm to reference the Supplier list.

Maybe the Admin can help advise how I do that.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,

Thanks as usual.

Funny you mentioned for me to blow back, because sometimes I can feel that high pressure coming up. I'll do that when I can. But when I'm sound asleep, the machine is in the driver seat like you said.

The screenshot I shared, had only one little leak, but many nights that high pressure causes a lot of Large Leaks. I have been tightening my mask too tight lately to minimize the leaks; my nose is getting dented!

As an aside I got an Oxygen concentrator for good measure. Before on BiPap my SpO2 went down to 83% - 86% so my PCP gave me an Rx.

In my break-in period,
Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
If it's on the supplier list, type the following, substitute X for the number: Supplier #X

If it's Amazon, etc. just state that business name only.

PS how's the ASV therapy look?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave,
The company was not on the Supplier list.
Help Medical Supplies

When my ASV was set per the Doctor's orders the Therapy was all over the place, double digit AHIs etc.
After your advice to set it to "Auto" things have been better; if only I could sleep with the collar on...

Question: when it is set to AUTO, are there ANY parameters to set?

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
If Auto means the ASV Auto mode, this changes ASV mode's single/static EPAP to a min and max pressure range. Both Min and Max are user editable. How do you feel for the ASV therapy?

OK copy on the supplier.

I just saw the OSCAR from 5 hours ago. Suggest edit the OSCAR to show Events, Flow Rate, Pressure or Mask Pressure, Leaks. Snore, flow Limits, AHI are not needed really. Flow limits will most always be busy in ASV, ignore.

2 edit suggestions are:

EPAP Min from 4 to 5 to address lingering events

optional is editing PAP Max down from 20 to 15, you'll likely never touch it and if something goes runaway you'll much rather it run into Max PS 15 than 20, IMO.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave,
Thanks.
Auto = ASV Auto mode

Last night was a good night (see below). No leaks, mask stayed on all night.

Last Night's trace with the the bars shown per your suggestion EXCEPT showing AHI. Not sure why AHI is not needed really.

I have been so trained to use AHI as my barometer for how my machine reacts to me.  I guess now I will start looking at Flow Rate, but I don't know what I am looking for.

This image is before making the settings change you suggested: 

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2021, 06:19 PM)Ron Poelstra Wrote: Hi Rich, can I ask where you purchased your ASV from?

Hi Ron.

I bought my ResMed ASV 3 years ago from Supplier #2.

Prices there have doubled since the Philips recall though. I paid $2,150 for a new machine. Now their listing for a new machine is $4,200.  Shock
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Regarding medical suppliers, you may name them provided you do not use a .com or similar suffix if the company name is a URL. You can give any information related to the supplier, their services, address, phone number, prices, hours, and your opinion of their services. The only prohibition is to link to the business by using a URL or spelling out any part of a URL like "dot-com". Please read Rule #5 http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...oard-Rules The rule is so simple, and not restrictive at all. Just don't LINK, and you can't violate the rule.

We want you to help out other members and especially share where you have found good providers and services, and perhaps even those where service is unsatisfactory and should be avoided in the opinion of the poster. It is one of the great services this forum can provide member to member.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, that OSCAR shot with the events that's present, I'm pretty sure the edit to EPAP Min going up to 5 should begin showing that it's addressed.

As for why I don't need AHI in the right hand chart side, I use the left panel AHI number. I myself am not concerned with the AHI trace, event duration and such. I see an event flag and by knowing that and type, I know what to consider regarding ASV editing. I would rather see the Leak trace over AHI and snore. If we can tune your ASV to remove the lingering events, neither AHI or snore traces will show you pretty much anything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,984 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 147 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 193 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 221 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 422 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,178 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Some Oscar Charts from me Dataporter 3 299 01-28-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.