Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to read the RES MED S BiPap Date
How to read the RES MED S BiPap Date
I am in my 5th day with the BIPAP machine.....and I have no clue how to read the info data which must be info about my sleeping, leakage, breathing data. Is there a place to go where this is explained?

I am averaging 7 plus hours a night masked up.........one thing I have noticed, besides looking at the ceiling a lot, is I do not make the 3 to 4 trips to the bathroom nightly.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to read the RES MED S BiPap Date
Hi Ed,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It would probably help you to get the data-management software found here on the board. There are two different ones. One is called "Sleepyhead," )which is an open-source software,) and the other is called "ResScan," which is "Resmed" software, and I think,they are free.
I don't know much about any of this since I'm unable to use it, at this time, but hang tight and someone who knows more about this than I do will be able to help you with your questions soon.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2013, 09:09 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Ed,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It would probably help you to get the data-management software found here on the board. There are two different ones. One is called "Sleepyhead," )which is an open-source software,) and the other is called "ResScan," which is "Resmed" software, and I think,they are free.
I don't know much about any of this since I'm unable to use it, at this time, but hang tight and someone who knows more about this than I do will be able to help you with your questions soon.
Best of luck to you.

Thanks. I have a phone attached to the back of the machine that relays this info to the provider daily. This is suppose to happen for the first 30 days....then I meet with my doc and I assume he will give me an analysis. The respiratory therapist at the providers site (the one who receives the info) said he couldn't give out the info (only doc) but that I should feel encouraged.

To be honest, I need encouragement as the nights are long and not too sure my sleep was not better before.

I will stay the course and see in 30 days what is what.....in the mean time I hope I can get someone to help me interpret the info data that the machines displays.
Post Reply Post Reply

I will stay the course and see in 30 days what is what.....in the mean time I hope I can get someone to help me interpret the info data that the machines displays.
[/quote]

can you give a screen print of the data that the machine displays? Have you been able to download the software and import your data in the software?

Trying to help but I need a little more info!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2013, 11:03 AM)me50 Wrote: I will stay the course and see in 30 days what is what.....in the mean time I hope I can get someone to help me interpret the info data that the machines displays.

can you give a screen print of the data that the machine displays? Have you been able to download the software and import your data in the software?

Trying to help but I need a little more info!!
[/quote]

I am electing to add a attachment below but this doesn't seem to work. Help. I have a screen shot of last night.
Post Reply Post Reply

I hope this works
[/quote]

Do you have windows 8 on your computer/laptop? I can't see what you posted.

You can download ResScan (for Resmed machines) or Sleepyhead and import your data there.

Then, if you want to share it with us, you can show the stats by using the FN and insert print screen key and paste it in paint, save it to your desktop and then download it in a post. This is how I do it with Windows 8. It's easier with Windows 7, or at least faster

Let me know if this makes sense or if you have more questions, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2013, 08:42 AM)Ed Overstreetq Wrote: I am in my 5th day with the BIPAP machine.....and I have no clue how to read the info data which must be info about my sleeping, leakage, breathing data. Is there a place to go where this is explained?

I am averaging 7 plus hours a night masked up.........one thing I have noticed, besides looking at the ceiling a lot, is I do not make the 3 to 4 trips to the bathroom nightly.

Five days in and you're getting 7 hours -- you're doing great.

OSA causes blood pressure to rise to try to keep oxygen flowing to cells. Elevated BP pushes fluid through the kidney nephrons. So, that is a possible explanation for less frequent need to void urine.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2013, 12:01 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 08:42 AM)Ed Overstreetq Wrote: I am in my 5th day with the BIPAP machine.....and I have no clue how to read the info data which must be info about my sleeping, leakage, breathing data. Is there a place to go where this is explained?

OSA causes blood pressure to rise to try to keep oxygen flowing to cells. Elevated BP pushes fluid through the kidney nephrons. So, that is a possible explanation for less frequent need to void urine.

I have read several posts where they say they woke up often to make trips to the bathroom. In the past, I did wake up every 2 hours but it was never due to the need to go to the bathroom. I have a dr. appt. on Tuesday to see about another sleep study and I will discuss this with the dr.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=480][attachment=480]
(09-14-2013, 12:01 PM)justMongo Wrote:

I have the software loaded and can read the info .....they have a glossary that helped clear up abbreviated terms, indexes and the like.

Not too sure I understand the wake, sleep, time.....as this just doesn't add up
Post Reply Post Reply

I have the software loaded and can read the info .....they have a glossary that helped clear up abbreviated terms, indexes and the like.

Not too sure I understand the wake, sleep, time.....as this just doesn't add up
[/quote]

Did you go to sleep around 11:30 PM and wake up around 6:44 AM? that is what the scan shows and that you slept a little over 7 hours
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,184 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 425 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 229 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  My resmed s9 escape auto does not save date and time. jocemar 2 280 12-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 287 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  Airsense 10 Autoset- I messed up the date OldFatMan 3 394 12-26-2023, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.