Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to read total hours on S9? + coment
Wink 
How to read total hours on S9? + coment
How do you read total machine hours on an ResMed S9 auto set? Have seen most everything else in operator and Clinician set up but that.
Also I want to say this is a great site, kind of warms the heart to see all the people coming together to help other people with the same problems. Most the time newbies could look through old posts and could find answers to most questions but everyone just politely chimes in and helps them out. Way to go people thanks.
Doc J
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to read total hours on S9? + coment
(03-02-2014, 11:01 AM)Doc J Wrote: How do you read total machine hours on an ResMed S9 auto set? Have seen most everything else in operator and Clinician set up but that.
Also I want to say this is a great site, kind of warms the heart to see all the people coming together to help other people with the same problems. Most the time newbies could look through old posts and could find answers to most questions but everyone just politely chimes in and helps them out. Way to go people thanks.
Doc J

Push the 2 oblong bars on your machine. Then go to the icon of the wrench. It should show you the total machine hours there. You don't have to go to the clinician menu but go where you would go to see your data for one day and find the wrench icon and select that icon. Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks me50 the only thing there is SW474- 602 I thought that may be software or something I don't think it has changed? I can go through the 1 day 7 day up to 1 year hours. I bought the machine used and cleared the card and all I see is the hours I put on in last 3 months so I was just interested to see how many previous hours there were. thanks for the input.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2014, 01:09 PM)Doc J Wrote: Thanks me50 the only thing there is SW474- 602 I thought that may be software or something I don't think it has changed? I can go through the 1 day 7 day up to 1 year hours. I bought the machine used and cleared the card and all I see is the hours I put on in last 3 months so I was just interested to see how many previous hours there were. thanks for the input.

I think SW474-0602 is the version of the software. On my machine (VPAP so it may be different than your machine), the total run hours are right above those numbers. I will check out my clinician menu and see if I can find if run hours are there. Where I was looking for my run hours, you don't have to select 1 day, week, month, year, etc. Are you sure you went down to the wrench icon?

EDIT: That is the correct place to get the run hours at least on my machine. I have about 75 more hours on my machine than the usage hours (when I look at 1 year but I haven't had my machine for a year....don't know about your machine). Chances are, the previous owner did what I did when I returned my machine (CPAP) back to the DME and that is to delete all of my data on the machine. I don't remember if it deleted the run hours or not though. I deleted everything I could and put it back to the factory settings best I remember. That was early January and thankfully, I have slept since then! lol

Hope you get it figured out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hold down the two silver buttons (has two check marks and has an i) for about 3 seconds

turn knob so that the "Sleep Quality" tab is highlighted.
tap the knob so that the tab to the left is orange. This means it is selected.
turn the knob again and the stuff inside the tab will scroll down.
aaaaall the way down to the bottom should be "run hours". This is the total time your machine has been turned on. This number cannot be changed. Used hours can be, run hours cannot.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2014, 04:39 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Hold down the two silver buttons (has two check marks and has an i) for about 3 seconds

aaaaall the way down to the bottom should be "run hours". This is the total time your machine has been turned on. This number cannot be changed. Used hours can be, run hours cannot.
There it is, Thanks Paula02. Has 1437 run hours and I've put on 440 since I got it around xmas, so it was low hours as I thought.
thanks again
Doc J
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2014, 04:48 PM)Doc J Wrote:
(03-02-2014, 04:39 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Hold down the two silver buttons (has two check marks and has an i) for about 3 seconds

There it is, Thanks Paula02. Has 1437 run hours and I've put on 440 since I got it around xmas, so it was low hours as I thought.
thanks again
Doc J

Okay so it looks like access to run hours on CPAP vs VPAP is different. Sorry my info didn't help but glad you got the info that you needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting that they put such basic information in different places.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2014, 04:54 PM)me50 Wrote:
(03-02-2014, 04:48 PM)Doc J Wrote:

thanks again
Doc J

Okay so it looks like access to run hours on CPAP vs VPAP is different. Sorry my info didn't help but glad you got the info that you needed.

Thanks me50 I appreciate the effort, it was close if I would have held them down. Anyway I learned something which is always good.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Paula02 I've been looking for that for a long time.
I have 3800 hours. Do you have any idea what the MTBF
of these machines are? Is 3800 a lot of hours?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 5 38 54 minutes ago
Last Post: johnathanb76
  Airsense 10 run hours??? eok361 5 124 6 hours ago
Last Post: eok361
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,382 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 394 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 322 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 534 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 314 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.