Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to renew ramp time after temporarily stopping Airsense 10 Auto?
Hello:

I've now been using the AirSense for two weeks and am starting to get the hang of it and also am seeing the benefits.

I have a question:  If I awaken during the night and need to temporarily stop the machine and then restart it, is there a way to renew the ramp feature?

I find that when I restart the machine, the pressure is usually too high (I guess the machine restarts at the same place it left off) and it interferes with my ability to fall asleep again.  I'd like to be able to restart the ramp program when I restart the machine, as that will allow me to fall asleep again with lower pressure.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't use Ramp, but my understanding, whenever you start the machine (make no difference at the start of the therapy or during the night), always it start with the lower Ramp set pressure providing Ramp is enabled
For example using AutoSet mode, Ramp pressure at 7 for 15 minutes, and minimum set pressure at 10
The machine start at the lower pressure 7 and reach the minimum pressure 10 within 15minutes , and then treatment begins ...
Also the AirSense 10 have something called "Ramp Auto", where the machine start at lower pressure and increase pressure to set pressure when the machine sensed that you'e fallen asleep, otherwise reach set pressure within 30 minutes, suppose to work that way
You don't provide much details about machine settings or Ramp period. Here is how to find out and obtain the clinical manual for your CPAP machine http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsens...setup-info
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Equipment] trouble moving from RemStar Auto to AirSense 10 jim.evo 45 945 08-14-2017, 04:21 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  [Pressure] new airsense auto set pressure? Jom333 10 295 08-13-2017, 02:02 AM
Last Post: Jom333
  Time for a new machine ?? GrammaBear 8 257 08-10-2017, 11:33 AM
Last Post: GrammaBear
Question very casual relation between AHI and sleep time CPAPreturnee 2 192 07-31-2017, 02:53 PM
Last Post: CPAPreturnee
Question [Equipment] Renew Sleep Solutions Bluedude81 19 499 07-27-2017, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Time and Date Wrong on Airsense 10 Autoset biyahero 23 1,153 07-27-2017, 12:06 AM
Last Post: biyahero
  [Diagnosis] Long Time to Get Prescription for Machine Vesimir 39 1,297 07-19-2017, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Vesimir