Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to reset oximeter events (pulse, spo2)
How to reset oximeter events (pulse, spo2)
Hi,

Thanks for the great discussions here; I've learned a lot.  I started xPAP 3 weeks ago with mild apnea (AHI 7) but pretty low spo2 levels.  I've been using SleepyHead to integrate the data from a CMS 50D+ oximeter with my AirCurve 10. 

My question is how I can reset the oximeter-related event counts after changing the event definition in SleepyHead.  Even though I changed to requiring a 4% drop over 10 seconds (vs 3% over 8 seconds for the default), I have the exact same number of spo2 events.  Do I need to re-import all the oximetry?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to reset oximeter events (pulse, spo2)
I'm not sure, because I haven't tried it, but I think if you 'Rebuild CPAP Data' it may recalculate everything. That's a selection under the "Data" menu item, not one of the tabs.

Unless you used the Oximetry Assistant program to create data files, you will only be able to re-import the most recent day's data from the CMD50D+. Under Advanced, you can purge 'current days' Oxi data. I'm not sure if that means the currently selected day, or if you can select a range of days to delete... I've never tried it.

Please let us (me) know what you do, and how it worked.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to reset oximeter events (pulse, spo2)
Thanks for the tips.  "Rebuild cpap data" didn't effect the oximeter events.  Purging current day oximeter data seemed to delete the cpap data for that day as well.  Re-importing the oximeter data for that day recalculated the spo2 & pulse events as well.  Not too bad do to manually for 3 weeks of data, but it would be a pain to do later if I wanted to change the analysis parameters for events.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 22 3,170 04-14-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Added a new pulse oximeter importer... spacewrench 125 20,535 04-14-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: msfabus
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 207 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 287 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
Question Spo2 data format Squid3083 11 2,361 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rebakim4
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,582 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 214 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.