Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Drug Reaction ?
RE: Drug Reaction ?
+1 on taking drugs in the morning.
Some, like Losartan, can cause effects similar to intoxication, so one must be careful to avoid that if getting up and driving to work. It (nor Valsartan) had that effect on me, but a guy that I work with it seemed to impact him dramatically.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2017, 01:26 PM)CB91710 Wrote: one side effect that is EXTREMELY underreported is a nasty cough.  WebMD reports 10%, but comments online, and my doctor's reaction when I reported it lead me to believe that it is far more common... it would not surprise me if the drug also has an impact on O2 levels and apnea...  but it is obviously the drug that is causing this condition because of the changes coinciding with use.

Thanks That was a good reminder that I had read about the side affects. I cough a lot anyway to keep my airway clear from other problems. As suggested I have changed to taking that drug in the morning and will wait for a week or two then review my Sleepyhead charts to see if anything changes.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Please let us know how it goes.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drug induced Central sleep apnea Per Laursen 0 433 12-13-2023, 09:44 PM
Last Post: Per Laursen
  [Health] Negative/Adverse Reaction to BiPAP Need Help zuriaki 21 1,468 09-18-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Z-drug sedatives to promote sleep during APAP fredkahan 9 1,477 02-12-2022, 02:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Is this reaction to Apnea normal? Daz1980 5 851 06-03-2021, 03:22 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Auto EPAP algorithm reaction time for Aircurve ASV Michaely6 33 3,252 10-22-2019, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Michaely6
Question [Equipment] Resmed-AirSense 10: Where to set the Autoset-reaction "SOFT"? Ferdinand 2 2,345 07-05-2019, 03:41 AM
Last Post: ericxob
  Anyone had "Drug Induced Sleep Endoscopy" (DISE) ronlecroy 6 1,522 05-22-2019, 12:54 AM
Last Post: Cpapian

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.