Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to set cpap titration mode in autoSense 10 autoset Elite
How to set cpap titration mode in autoSense 10 autoset Elite
Hi

I have just bought an autosense 10 autoset Elite and I want to use it. So I need to know how to set cpap titration mode.
As a beginner what is better using cpap mode or autoset mode ?
What are the beginning pressures ?

My IAH and IPR are 41.2/h and  number of 268 in a period of 6:30

(as am working and living in no civilisation area)

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to set cpap titration mode in autoSense 10 autoset Elite
Have a look at the name again and get the setup manual from the link at the top of the page. If it is the elite, there is no titration mode on the elite, but you can still titrate it. I would start at 6 cm pressure. I would use the SD card to see the apnea result. I would also download OSCAR reader and post the charts for opinions

page 22 of document or 24 on pdf reader, will show you how. The difference is that you are making one adjustment per sleep session.
https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...er_eng.pdf
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I have that machine.  Not that my settings will necessarily help you, or be what you need, it happens that I have a low setting of 5.6 and a cap at 8.0, but with what we call 'EPR' of 02. EPR is 'expiration pressure relief', which is what most users like to have.

A pressure near 6 is a good safe initial bet, as suggested by the previous person.  You may find that you need more in the upper setting, the 'inspiration" where you breathe in. You may find that a setting near 12 or even 13 is a good start to see how you respond.  

Others with a lot of knowledge will contribute soon if all goes well.  Please be patient.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have that machine.  Not that my settings will necessarily help you, or be what you need, it happens that I have a low setting of 5.6 and a cap at 8.0, but with what we call 'EPR' of 02. EPR is 'expiration pressure relief', which is what most users like to have.

An expiration pressure near 6 is a good safe initial bet, as suggested by the previous person.  You may find that you need more in the upper setting, the 'inspiration" where you breathe in. You may find that a setting near 12 or even 13 is a good start to see how you respond.  

Others with a lot of knowledge will contribute soon if all goes well.  Please be patient.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset is an auto CPAP. The Resmed Airsense 10 Elite is a fixed CPAP. Both have data, but only the Autoset will automatically adjust pressure in response to snoring, flow limitation, hypopnea, apnea, etc. We look forward to helping, but your machine is labeled near the humidifier as either Autoset or Elite. It would help to know which.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
technically 'tirtration' mode, i dont think it exists in this form, what do you mean by that? Tirtration is usually done on special tirtration machines, that as far as i know are overpriced versions of the standard model and are unavailible to purchase for consumers. even resmed doesnt sell an s10 only an s9 titration machine.

As far as 'tirtration' itself, as a verb, can be done on any machine from the 'clinicians menu' I'm not sure if you meant this instead of 'tirtration mode'. You press the lower 'home' button together with the round knob and hold them down for 3-5s after which the menu should slightly change in front of your eyes.

Also there is no machine such as autoset elite, it's either autoset or elite, two different machines, what does it say on the lower right of the machine, autoset or elite?
Post Reply Post Reply
You are correct that the resmed machine in the lab, is a more advanced machine with more data input. The home APAP can do a reasonable job, IF there are no other underlying, non-diagnosed issues. APAP is 'auto-titrating positive airway pressure'. The machine self titrates and gives a 90/95% and max pressure, for possible fixed pressure CPAP continuous positive airway pressure. If the machine is an elite, it will be a manual titration, based on the SD card data.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot for all your usefulll answers. 

I think I had made a mistake when naming my machine at last it is an autoset and not an elite. thank you for correcting me.

At the end I had configured my machine as follows :
pressure 5-13 (min-max) in autoset mode (not cpap),
EPR = ON
EPR= 2,
EPR Type = All Time
Humidifier = 5, 
Ramp duration = 5 minutes
Initial pressure = 5
SmartStart = ON
Circuit = SlimLine

Is it corret to begin the therapy ? any comments ?
Post Reply Post Reply
King 2003, the Autoset should automatically match your pressure needs. Your current settings are 5-13 with EPR 2 which is a good starting point. I will suggest that you probably don't need ramp, given that your minimum pressure and ramp starting pressure are the same. I think you will like the Smartstart as it allows the machine to turn on and off automatically based on breathing detection.

The minimum pressure is more important than the maximum. After using the machine for a while, you can determine what your median pressure is, and probably move the minimum closer to that. The Autoset is very effective at increasing pressure that is set lower than your needs, but less variation in pressure is more comfortable in the long run. The maximum pressure is there to prevent the machine from providing pressure too high for your comfort or needs. The machine will only go as high as needed to treat obstructed or flow-limited breathing. If a person has a lot of flow limitation, the maximum pressure is often needed to keep pressure within limits. Many people can use a maximum pressure of 20 and never exceed the 13 cm you set as a maximum. Looks good to go. Be sure to download the new OSCAR software.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2019, 07:50 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: King 2003, the Autoset should automatically match your pressure needs. Your current settings are 5-13 with EPR 2 which is a good starting point.  I will suggest that you probably don't need ramp, given that your minimum pressure and ramp starting pressure are the same. I think you will like the Smartstart as it allows the machine to turn on and off automatically based on breathing detection.  

The minimum pressure is more important than the maximum. After using the machine for a while, you can determine what your median pressure is, and probably move the minimum closer to that. The Autoset is very effective at increasing pressure that is set lower than your needs, but less variation in pressure is more comfortable in the long run. The maximum pressure is there to prevent the machine from providing pressure too high for your comfort or needs. The machine will only go as high as needed to treat obstructed or flow-limited breathing. If a person has a lot of flow limitation, the maximum pressure is often needed to keep pressure within limits.  Many people can use a maximum pressure of 20 and never exceed the 13 cm you set as a maximum.  Looks good to go. Be sure to download the new software.

Thanks a lot for your clarifications and suggestions
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 24 447 19 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 77 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 115 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 95 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 100 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 164 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.